Gas powered water pump?

/ Gas powered water pump? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
Looking to replace my little 2-stroke gas powered water pump. Basically want to use it for water supply on projects such as mixing concrete to rebuild bridges over a stream and other such projects where a supply of water would be needed (lots of ponds/streams on the property) but too far away from a hose.

As I don't need a huge flow it looks like a unit like this one from Northern Tool might do the job. Didn't necessarily want to spend that much and perhaps someone can point me to other options?

/ Gas powered water pump? #2  
Expensive. What about This one or even this one, both for under $300? These are both semi-trash pumps, so they won't get damaged as fast with the water from ponds and streams.

/ Gas powered water pump? #3  
Expensive. What about This one or even this one, both for under $300? These are both semi-trash pumps, so they won't get damaged as fast with the water from ponds and streams.

The pump the OP linked to is a 1" pump (powered by a weedeater size/type engine), so this one or this one would be a better comparison along with a hose kit such as this one if needed.

Aaron Z

/ Gas powered water pump? #4  
You may want to look at this one: 1" Clear Water Pump with 79cc OHV Gas Engine I'm not a big fan of the Chinese stuff, but those Pacific Hydrostar engines have a fair reputation for starting and running. $145 as listed and you can usually find a 20% off coupon on the internet, if so, even with shipping, you could have it on your doorstep for less than $150.

If you do decide to go with the one from Northern Tool, while it's a lot more money, you can't beat the Honda engine in my opinion, and in any case, go with a 4 cycle over a 2 cycle every-time.

/ Gas powered water pump? #5  
I have this pump from HF - 2" Clear Water Pump with 212cc Gas Engine
It has a knock off Honda/Chinese engine. It does a great job! It primes fast and pumps a good stream at a fast idle. You could attach a hose bib and run garden hose from it.
I bought it when I was washing down my garden well and it washed down the 2" PVC 15' in a couple minutes.
I had problems with my water well and used it to pump out a bunch of sand with no problems.

/ Gas powered water pump? #6  
I bought a HF 98cc 1" water pump but I no longer see it listed. Not sure if they stopped carrying it or if they just are out of stock. I got it for $100 with the 20% off coupon. It's very quiet and I can fill a 275 gallon IBC tote in about 5 minutes, maybe 20' to 25' total lift. It's nice and small but with plenty of power. Maybe the 79cc pump replaces it. I like it because I can easily carry it with one hand.
image_11528.jpg

/ Gas powered water pump? #7  
Think generator and an electrict pump. Lets you run other tools on site like the cement mixer.:thumbsup:

/ Gas powered water pump?
One of the main differences between the initial model I posted, other than the price of course, seems to be 2 vs. 4 stroke. Plus the Honda name I suppose. I would prefer the 4 stroke so I guess I just have to decide whether that extra cost is worth it.

The pump the OP linked to is a 1" pump (powered by a weedeater size/type engine), so this one or this one would be a better comparison along with a hose kit such as this one if needed.

Aaron Z

/ Gas powered water pump?
Actually an electric pump did cross my mind, but given the primary use would be for areas far from a power source, lugging along the generator would be too much of hassle. Plus, my mixer is gas powered so the cost to convert that to electric would be prohibitive. :laughing:

Think generator and an electrict pump. Lets you run other tools on site like the cement mixer.:thumbsup:

/ Gas powered water pump? #10  
I was going to suggest the 1" Honda even before i saw that it was what you posted. I have heard tonnes of good things about that pump. I have a 2" Honda and love it. We also use about 6 of the 2" Honda trash pumps at work, way to heavy duty for my personal use, but still excellent machines.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet