Gas powered water pump?

/ Gas powered water pump? #11  
That 1" Honda will move water and very lightweight. I use one all the time.

/ Gas powered water pump? #12  
I've had both types 2 stroke and 4 stroke. Each has their pros and cons. Two stroke are light and easy to carry. I had a Homelight AP125 for years was a nice little pump. That one even came with a 3/4 fitting to direct attach a garden hose.

Lately I've been pumping from a brook to water the greenhouse flowers I sell at an outdoor market over the summer using a 3.5 BS 2" Pacer pump. You dont know how many times I wish I still had that old lightweight 2 stroke homelight. Lot of xtra weight especially with water in the impeller housing lugging that bigger pump around and up and down the riverbank. Your choice what to get but consider availability of carb or pump parts for rebuilds if its a keeper otherwise its a just a throw away unit. I cracked the nylon pump housing on my small homelight and the cost of the replacement part was almost the price of a new unit at the time

One thing about the 2 stroker though is that engine screams loud at full throttle not much different than running a weedwacker.

/ Gas powered water pump? #13  
I wouldn't go with anything other than a 4 stroke pump. Mine weighs only 40 pounds, sips fuel, no need to mix oil and fuel, and is very quiet. To me the real question is to spend the money to buy a brand like a Honda, one where you can get parts easily or an off brand that will be much cheaper. I have a Honda weedwacker with a 35cc 4 stroke Honda and it purrs like a kitten and starts with no effort. Honda makes a great engine.

/ Gas powered water pump? #15  
I really like the Honda engines. I watched a guy fly a remote controlled plane with a GX25 engine. The carb has a priming bulb and a choke. Just push the primmer until you see gas in the overflow tube, choke the engine, and on the first or second pull it fires right up. Honda uses enough oil to lubricate the engine but not too much. The oil atomizes in the crankcase as the engine runs so the engine can run in any position.

/ Gas powered water pump?
I went ahead and ordered the Honda pump linked to in my initial post. More than I had planned on spending but in the end the advantages of the 4 stroke + numerous favorable reviews for the Honda were enough to convince me it was worth it. Hopefully that will be the case!

I was going to suggest the 1" Honda even before i saw that it was what you posted. I have heard tonnes of good things about that pump. I have a 2" Honda and love it. We also use about 6 of the 2" Honda trash pumps at work, way to heavy duty for my personal use, but still excellent machines.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Gas powered water pump? #17  
Once you get to use it let us know how well it works.

/ Gas powered water pump? #19  
You won't be disappointed with the Honda. I have a 2" water pump as well as a power washer and a lawnmower all with Honda engines. Usually start first pull.... unless of course I forget to put the kill switch on the water pump or pressure washer to 'ON' ;)