Oil & Fuel Gas Tank

/ Gas Tank #21  
Speaking of gas tanks, does anyone have recommendations for a new gas tank or way to seal my cap better. My plastic tank leaks at the top where the cap assembly is screwed in and this occurs even though I only fill it about 1/2 way. I have searched the web and not found anything and PT wants around $140 if I recall and what's to say their replacement won't leak the same way. Cork gaskets and other selants have not worked for me. Thanks

/ Gas Tank #22  
PABenz said:
Speaking of gas tanks, does anyone have recommendations for a new gas tank or way to seal my cap better. My plastic tank leaks at the top where the cap assembly is screwed in and this occurs even though I only fill it about 1/2 way. I have searched the web and not found anything and PT wants around $140 if I recall and what's to say their replacement won't leak the same way. Cork gaskets and other selants have not worked for me. Thanks
I have the steel tank in the hood on my pt but my gas cap leaked and I replaced the gasket in it first with a paper looking gasket that didn't work, replaced the gasket with a cork gasket that didn't work either so I got a new gas cap and haven't had trouble since with it. I don't know what the difference was maybe a breather hole or something stopped up but I'm glad it did. When you tighten up the cap give it a little extra torque to see if that helps, I hope this helps.