Oil & Fuel Gasoline in diesel tank

/ Gasoline in diesel tank #11  
Give your twelve year old son a pat on the back for knowing the difference between gasoline and diesel, which by the way his old man doesn't know. :laughing:You can smell the difference!

/ Gasoline in diesel tank

Attachments

• diesel drain.jpg
    diesel drain.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 102
   / Gasoline in diesel tank #13  
Now the biggest question is, what are you going to do with the contaminated fuel?

/ Gasoline in diesel tank #14  
...I need to get a manual...

There are three manuals. You should have received an Owners' Manual (#1) with the tractor. If not, but one from any dealer; the dealer will need your serial number to ensure you get the right one. The Service Manual (#2) is optional unless you want to be able to diagnose and fix things yourself. The Service Manuals for the SE series are quite good in that they provide much descriptive material if you are interested in that sort of thing. The earlier manuals, not so much. Don't waste your money on the Parts Manual (#3). First, a paper parts manual will not reflect the any updates plus it's huge and it's hard to use. Second, there are several online parts manuals (including one provided by MIE, a sponsor of this site) which stay current and are much easier to use. Check here: OEM Parts

In general Kioti has not made digital manuals available to owners, AFAIK, but digital copies of some manuals have surfaced from time to time. These are copyrighted materials (although not always so marked) so, legally, they should only be used under "fair use" limitations. This is a current issue on this site (see: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/293836-kioti-service-manuals-parts-look.html) where the OP is trying to show a demand/market for soft-copy manuals. Frankly, considering Kioti's response to other issues (like sudden IP failures, chronic ignition switch failures, dealer purges, etc.) I don't expect any change from Kioti, which is unfortunate. Kioti has an opportunity to really polish their reputation (at very little cost) during this slow economy but they don't seem interested in doing so.

/ Gasoline in diesel tank #15  
THIS is the best way of transferring fuel I have found. I have worked at two different truck shops and we use these constantly, removing hundreds of gallons over time with one. It has a check ball fitted at the end of the hose. Shake the check valve up and down and it primes it. Its self priming and stays primed. I bought one from a truck shop but you can get them at menards for 10 $ or less. Never had any luck with any hand pump. THese actually work very well and last
Amazon.com: Premium-Grade Jiggler - Shaker Siphon Hose: Automotive

the one from menards looks to be good quality but I myself do not own one
6' Shaker Siphon Pump at Menards

Just a quick thanks...never heard of these but gonna try one... too many mouthfuls over the years

/ Gasoline in diesel tank #17  
These do not cover any attachments, so if you have a FEL or Backhoe you need separate owner's manuals for those.

Good catch. Can't comment on backhoes. There is one loader manual (at least for mine) that covers operation, maintenance, and parts.

/ Gasoline in diesel tank #19  
I like that. "pain brushes".. I am keeping that.:)

/ Gasoline in diesel tank #20  
Be sure to use a pump or siphon to remove the last bit of fuel from the bottom of the tank. Not all will drain off from the fitting. I had water get in my fuel and drained as you did, but kept getting water in filter. After checking I noticed the tank fitting set just above the bottom, leaving about 3/8 inch of fuel when empty.

Hope this helps