Oil & Fuel Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425

/ Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425
The problem is now fixed. I gave up fiddling with it myself, and took the PT to a local tractor dealer. He found the carburettor to have an internal crack which caused the leakage.

I then complained to the dealer in Holland, who in turn complained to the Subaru importer there, who sent me a brand new carburettor free of charge. It's now installed and there are no leaks.

I also installed a fuel shutoff valve in the fuel line - just to make sure.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Last edited:
   / Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425 #12  
Glad you got it working and a replacement carb, too. :)

/ Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425 #14  
Sorry I'm late to the thread -- but I recently experienced gas in the oil of my 2001 Kohler-powered PT-425. The diaphragm in the fuel pump, which is mounted to the right valve cover, had failed and it pumped/leaked gas into the oil.

Mine's over 10 years old, with over 800 hours on it -- but Kohler owners need to keep an eye on this failure point also...

/ Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425 #15  
I have added shut off valve to the gas line on all implements that don't have them. Most of them are Kohlers.

I trust none of the float type needle valves.

I believe Honda and all the knock offs have a fuel shut off built in.

Best thing you can do for a carb, is to shut off the fuel with the engine running and let the engine burn all the fuel in the bowl.

/ Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425 #16  
I have added shut off valve to the gas line on all implements that don't have them. Most of them are Kohlers.

Best thing you can do for a carb, is to shut off the fuel with the engine running and let the engine burn all the fuel in the bowl.
Probably one of the best things you can do, unless you like to mess with your engine!

/ Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425 #17  

Probably one of the best things you can do, unless you like to mess with your engine!

/ Gasoline in engine oil on PT 425 #18  
When I was young I worked at a golf course. The course mechanic INSISTED we run all engines dry IN FRONT OF HIM. Saying you did wouldn't cut it. We had to start the engine, shut off the fuel valve and run it dry while he watched. We never had a hard to start engine.