Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #11  
We have a Craftsman 4HP w/B&S engine and direct drive pump. I like the pressure washer OK, but we have serious problems starting that B&S "pos"!

It is soooo bad that I am about to bodge a bracket to mount the pump to the front of the tractor and use the MM PTO!

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #12  
I agree with the Honda 13hp engine. It starts easily and runs well. If you are cleaning concrete you need the higher psi and higher gpm. I would suggest to oversize the machine for what you are doing. The larger units will do the job in a lot less time.

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #13  
I think some of you would be surprised at the operating pressure on the pressure washers. That advertised pressure is the relief pressure, maybe even less. The correct pressure is based on the nozzle used. If you don't believe me, put a high pressure gage inline with the pressure hose. For those that don't like high pressure, just reduce the engine rpm.

I have four pressure washers, all Honda's and two rotary deck cleaners, and use various nozzle, such as the turbo nozzle. I also have a sand blast unit that connects to the pressure washer and will throw sand at whatever pressure you are using.

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #14  
I have a homelite with a subaru engine, it's about 4 years old now. still starts right up every time and runs good. I was pressure washing a pool with a friend a couple months ago, he had a honda powered unit I think it was 3100 psi, mine is 3000. they both ran equally but mine burned far less gas.

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #15  
I have a 3100 PSI, 2.3 GPM unit powered with a Honda GX 6.5 HP. It runs great and is a big improvement over the 1900 PSI electric model it replaced.

Oddly, it has a Diamond pump made by Briggs and Stratton. It is just 2 years old but it seems fine.

I don't consider the higher pressures a problem. One can either throttle down the engine, change the nozzle, or simply keep the nozzle a bit further from the surface being cleaned.

Safety goggles are a must with the higher pressure units.

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #16  
I got a 3000psi ridgid brand with a subaru engine from homelessdepot. Loud as heck, but starts right up and does what it was intended to do. I never had success getting the soap bucket to work, but haven't had enough interest to figure out what's wrong with it.

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #17  
I've got one from Northern tools with the honda motor. 3500psi and no problems with it for the last 3 years. Had a similar one from Northern Tools but 2500psi. It worked great also until someone else decided they needed it more than me.

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #18  
We have a 5 year old B&S 2500 PSI that has set for 2 years at a time and uncovered more often than not and it started up fine this year. I think it is 6 HP and came from WM.

I had a lower power electric that just wore you out it was so slow to cover much area.

After looking at it this AM I see I was off a bit. It is 2800 PSI / 2.5 GPM / 6.25 HP.

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #19  
I agree with the other guys. Keep it indoors in the winter but drain the gas first or you will have issues. If it must be keep outside, gas or electric, winterize the pump. I pump Windshield Washer Fluid though mine to winterize the pump.

Chris

/ Gasoline Powered Pressure Washer advice #20  
I will second the Honda and Subaru engines. Last Tuesday I moved and worked on a camper with a Subaru engine for the generator. It had set for 11 months and started first pull. I will not own no more B&S junk. Kawasaki, Honda, Subaru, ect from now on for me.

Chris