gator blades

/ gator blades #11  
The gator blades on our 455 with 60" deck have worked out very nicely for the past couple of seasons. I definitely like how they cut and chop up the clippings into tiny pieces- when mowing tall grass there is rarely a need to rake the clippings/debris.

Haven't noticed any difference in cutting extremely tall field grass compared to the oem blades either- both cut pretty well as long as they are sharp.

If I didn't already have a spare set of 48" oem blades for our GT275, I would love to have the gator blades on that also. However, when running a mulching blade on a lower power/less toruqe engine, you might be more prone to clogging/bogging down.

/ gator blades #12  
I'm running a 425 with the 54" deck. It is my experience also that when the grass gets too tall the gator blades can't make the clippings disappear. We also have a F525 which is 17 hp with a 48" deck.The gators work fine on the F525 with very little clogging except in extreme conditions. We will see today. It is the 9th day since the last mow and looks like it will be wet.

Chris