Gator vs Kubota RTV

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #51  
First one is at 50hrs and then at 200. I use mine mostly everyday and it takes lots of miles to get to 50hrs. My new m7060 cab model is 50rs and then 500hrs. What I do have them throw in WSM manual then all the fluids and filters to get you through the 200 schedule. The HST needs more than the 18speed shuttle tranny.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #52  
I just reviewed this complete thread and I think a fair way to summarize it would be there are lots of good utility vehicles on the market today. As the purchaser you need to prioritize what is important to you in your planned use. Gas, diesel, cab, open station, hydro or belt cvt tranny, hydraulic or manual dump, high top speed or slow, all of these are valid considerations. Another huge consideration is the cost/value calculation with any major purchase. I’m not sure there is a right/wrong answer. It’s your money, buy what you want
I started with a RTV500, a small fuel injected gasoline powered Kubota. It was great and I had no issues with it at all. It was slow but safe for the grandkids to drive. In low range the hydrostatic transmission had plenty of power. The wife and I decided we wanted to upgrade last year for tax reasons so we traded for a RTV X1120D. It has the same engine as the cab version, 25HP I think. The torque is unbelievable on this machine. Overall it’s a much bigger more stable and had a hydraulic dump bed. The 1120 has a 29MPH top speed due to the bigger engine, no speed demon but faster than the 900. The Kubota diesel starts in all temperatures and is super fuel efficient. As I said previously, lots of good machines available in the market, buy what fits your needs and makes you happy

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #53  
Does the JD Gator have power steering? I can’t overstate how much easier on the body this feature is.

I absolutely love my RTV 900, it’s 10 years old, and as I was telling my buddy yesterday, there is no tool of any kind on my place that gets used more than the RTV. That said, They are god awful expensive, hard to think of writing that check For a new one, but buy once, cry once.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #54  
Does the JD Gator have power steering? I can’t overstate how much easier on the body this feature is.

I absolutely love my RTV 900, it’s 10 years old, and as I was telling my buddy yesterday, there is no tool of any kind on my place that gets used more than the RTV. That said, They are god awful expensive, hard to think of writing that check For a new one, but buy once, cry once.

My father in law has an older RTV (I forget which model) and wanted to get another since his didn't have enough oomph to plow with. Not wanting to spend the big bucks, he bought a knock-off brand, which has been in and out of the shop since he bought it.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #55  

I agree with all of this. Except they are $$$ even for used ones. Mine was around $9k for a 2006 Work Site model.

Worth every penny IMO.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #56  
I agree with all of this. Except they are $$$ even for used ones. Mine was around $9k for a 2006 Work Site model.

Worth every penny IMO.
I just got a RTV900. Paid $5000 for it at an auction. Not many people wanted to bid on it as the previous owner for whatever reason removed the drive for 4wd. Also needed front half shafts. Got all the parts for the drive line from the dealer but after the dealer qouted the price for the half shafts I got those online. Tires really wouldn't hold air well so I went ahead and bought a new set. We have a mule 2500 series and it's been great but this last winter it had gotten stuck a number of times.

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #57  
Haven't been viewing this forum for a while, but, man, I'm really glad that I found this thread via a Google search. In short, we're very close to pulling the trigger on a Kubota RTV-X100C with K-Connect and a snow blower attachment. As the description I just typed out would suggest, we need a side-by-side with a snow blower to take care of a very long/wide asphalt driveway in a mountainous setting.

Does John Deere -- or any other manufacturer, for that matter -- make a side-by-side that will do a good job handling a snow blower?

By the way, we've owned a Polaris Ranger HD, which was a "Heavy Duty" edition, since late 2008. Although it works very well for traversing the rocky old washed-out mountain skid roads we use in the non-winter seasons, it's 700cc EFI engine just doesn't have the low end "grunt" necessary to push a heavy front end attachment through some of the snow we receive ... so, hopefully, you now know why we're looking for a new side-by-side that has enough low-end power to handle snow duty.

Thank you for your thoughts and your time ~ Red

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #58  
Kawasaki Mule Pro-FX here. Definitely a good machine around the farm!

HP

/ Gator vs Kubota RTV #59  
First one is at 50hrs and then at 200. I use mine mostly everyday and it takes lots of miles to get to 50hrs. My new m7060 cab model is 50rs and then 500hrs. What I do have them throw in WSM manual then all the fluids and filters to get you through the 200 schedule. The HST needs more than the 18speed shuttle tranny.

Good info - thanks!