GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions

/ GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions
The TPH Lower Links on a Kubota L2501 open to 26".

Most 60" Disk Harrows have the Lower Link pins spaced at 26".

I am guessing that max spread of Lower Links on your GC2300 is 20", but I may be incorrect. If GC2300 Lower Link spread is only 20" it will not fit an implement requiring 26" spread.

MEASURE GC2300 LOWER LINK SPREAD.

MEASURE THE LOWER LINK SPREAD ON THE LINDLEY.

MEASURE THE PAN DIAMETER ON THE LINDLEY.

IF THE LINDLEY HAS AN ANGLE IRON FRAME AND 16" DIAMETER PANS YOUR GC2300 MAY PULL IT. IF THE LINDLEY HAS 18" DIAMETER PANS IT WILL LIKELY BE TOO HEAVY. ALSO, WITH ONLY 7" OF GROUND CLEARANCE THE GC2300 MAY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP THE LINDLEY SO LINDLEY CLEARS THE GROUND.

A TPH mounted Disc Harrow extends far to the rear of the tractor. Leverage works against the tractor making effective weight of Disc Harrow heavier than the spec weight.

I'm pretty sure the GC 2300 will spread to 26", but I'll confirm that when I can as well as the pan diameter of the Lindley's discs.

"Primarily, I'd use it for breaking up small areas or strips of soil in buffalo grass pasture in late winter or early spring to promote native forb growth."

Consider a Disc Plow, which is two or three pans from an Offset Disc, a Primary Tillage implement. I have no experience with Disc Plow reference following but Turf Pride brand is the only Disc Plow marketed for subcompact tractors.

Will Turf Pride work for you? I do not know. But what you want to accomplish is Primary Tillage.

LINK: Disc Plow | Turf Pride USA

That might work very well, especially for the second task I referenced which is turning over the haygrazer stubble (3-4" tall) and top soil in the hayfield for planting some small fall food plots. I wonder how/where I'd find such a plow?

/ GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions #13  
Turf Pride's Alabama address and telephone number are in the link.

Turf Pride, LLC
1914 East Three Notch Street
PO Box 975
Andalusia, AL 36420

1-800-426-3634

Look for a minimum of forty pounds implement weight bearing on each pan.

Less weight on each pan will be useless.

Fifty pounds implement weight bearing on each pan better.

Last edited:
   / GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions #14  
I have turf tires on my GC, and you are going to be limited there too, as far as ground engaging goes.

I have had issues with traction using my 4' grader box.

You could try chains on the rears.

/ GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions #15  
regarding the lower link spread.
fwiw my 2010 GC2400 spreads past 26" and takes class 1 (26") woods tillers.

tiller-side.jpg tiller-rear.jpg

After getting sucked into doing way too many internet searches to find similar machines pulling tandem discs I found these.

Here's a JD 1025R pulling a 4' Frontier box frame. Specs on the JD and the Massey are very similar. JD slightly more hp (23.8hp to 22.5hp), JD 80lbs heavier, they appear to have roughly the same ground clearance.

Here's video of a 1025R pulling what appears to be a 5' angle frame disc like a Tarter.

Either look doable to me with the GC 2300. I will say that the smaller Frontier appears to do a better job but there's obviously lots of variables going there. The tractor pulling the larger disc does have a loader which probably helps balance the larger disc quite a bit. I don't have a loader.

/ GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions #17  
Not certain how the loader would affect traction.

It may help in 4wd, because the fronts tires would have more weight on them, (that would be my expectation). I think the fact that the second JD driver has the FEL on, is a good hint it works better that way.

It also may take weight off the rears. But, I think the drag from the disc plow will help keep the rears in the ground?

In my experience, the heavier the tractor is the better, if you want traction.

My GC is really impressive pushing a snow plow, with the backhoe weighing down the rear, (flat land).

/ GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions #18  
I reread what your goals are and I'm not so sure a core (plug) aerator would do exactly what you are trying to accomplish. You might want to look into it.

/ GC 2300 Tandem Disc Opinions #19  
If you mow everything down to the dirt , Spray with glyphosate , Wait 2 weeks at least, You might do some good , otherwise you will be disappointed in your results. I have multiple disks ,and tillers. tillers are much better than small disks.