GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #121  
Just got my survey today and I will also add the parking break

don't forget to check the hydraulic hoses at the base of the main boom on your backhoe.

i have close to 90 hours on mine and most of those hoses are chafed to the extent that i am concerned.

btw, my fel quick connectors are still leaking like sieves. not sure how many times i should take it in for repair before i start to get pissed... next time will be the third strike:(

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.
I decided to take a couple photos of the parking brake latch mechanism both partially and fully engaged. I also took pics of the parking break lever in the partially and fully engaged positions. The latch photos were taken through the cutout in the left side floorboard and demonstrate a couple things. First to show is it quite easy to take a quick look at the latch when getting off the tractor. This allows a visual confirmation of proper brake engagement. Second to demonstrate the position of the handle is not a good indicator of engagement.

The first and third attachments are the brake partially engaged. In this position the brake is prone to slip off the rounded edge of the tooth and disengage. The second and fourth attached pics are the brake fully engaged. In this position there is no chance of the brake disengaging as the geometry of the teeth require the brake pedal be further depressed to release the latch.

I am in the habit of visually checking the brake engagement as I get off the tractor. It does not take any extra time to look through the cutout and then you have piece of mind is brake is not going to release unintentionally.

Excellent pics :thumbsup::thumbsup:. I will see if there is a way to get MF to see this. And I will be showing the insurance co. There is no reason for that to be possible.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #123  
And I will be showing the insurance co.

I am not sure that would be a good idea. If they are paying the claim, why complicate things.

There is potential that if they consider this as manufacturing defect, they could possibly deny the claim.

Well, I was all set to go pick up the GC today only to find out the hood is still at the shop getting painted. They said the machine should be ready today but they never got the hood back Friday so they hope Monday. Can't wait they said it looks brand new, aside from the hood coming primed not painted. They said they usually come painted this is the first one they received not. Let you all know what happens, should pick up Tuesday night if all goes as planned.:thumbsup:

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #125  
Great news! We all want pictures of course!

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #126  
They said they usually come painted this is the first one they received not.

Lucky you. Yes, they were coming painted.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #127  
I am not sure that would be a good idea. If they are paying the claim, why complicate things.

There is potential that if they consider this as manufacturing defect, they could possibly deny the claim.

I agree

They paid me directly already, they are investigating the issue.

Well, wish me luck, I am going to pick my tractor up tomarrow and hopefully everything is right. I am getting all the old parts back too for future use of the cylinders and such.:thumbsup:

Wow.....Just got off the phone with the regional rep for my area. He told me he is going to the dealer to see the tractor and what was done to it. He also spoke to the service manager, who performed the work also, and was very impressed with his knowledge of the unit. He is going to personally look the machine over before I get there to approve the delivery. Also was very professional over the phone regarding my concerns. I emailed him the pictures of the brake partially engaged, and fully engaged that tsteahr posted. He said he is going to get them to engineering.:) I will post the results.