GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #41  
I am sorry to hear your tractor is damaged. The gc series is very similar to my kubota BX. It appears the BX could had the same problem with parking brake. However, one thing has me perplexed. doesn't the GC series a HST tranny? If the tractor was still in gear, it wouldn't pick up that much speed before crashing to bend that much stuff on your tractor ?

I am sure you already learned your lesson, you will never do anything like that again I'm sure on a hill. Hopefully you can get the insurance to cover the damage, with the labor and parts, I bet it will be very close to half price to buy another one.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #42  
I am sorry to hear your tractor is damaged. The gc series is very similar to my kubota BX. It appears the BX could had the same problem with parking brake. However, one thing has me perplexed. doesn't the GC series a HST tranny? If the tractor was still in gear, it wouldn't pick up that much speed before crashing to bend that much stuff on your tractor ?

I am sure you already learned your lesson, you will never do anything like that again I'm sure on a hill. Hopefully you can get the insurance to cover the damage, with the labor and parts, I bet it will be very close to half price to buy another one.

Good question,
I think it would have to be in neautral because it would shut the engine off if he got out of the seat?

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #43  
doesn't the GC series a HST tranny? If the tractor was still in gear, it wouldn't pick up that much speed before crashing to bend that much stuff on your tractor ?

As cdaigle430 stated, for the motor to stay running while the operator is off the tractor it must be in neutral.

I hadn't seen the photo of the damage when I made my previous post, now after viewing the photo of the damge I really feel for you. If the loader arms are bent like that I'd bet the tractor frame isn't as true as it should be either.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.
As cdaigle430 stated, for the motor to stay running while the operator is off the tractor it must be in neutral.

I hadn't seen the photo of the damage when I made my previous post, now after viewing the photo of the damge I really feel for you. If the loader arms are bent like that I'd bet the tractor frame isn't as true as it should be either.

Thanks. I have a call into the dealer and they are not aware of any problems with the parking brake. He is checking further, supposed to call back with any info. I expect the frame is damaged with a hit like that, but I cannot see any cracked welds or bends, the next thing I will do is measure center of front wheel to center of rear wheel. The more I look at it the sicker I get.:(

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #45  
It is my understanding that you can get off of a HST machine while in gear when the parking brake is applied. That is a very common thing to do.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #46  
It is my understanding that you can get off of a HST machine while in gear when the parking brake is applied. That is a very common thing to do.

This is so true ^^^. And trying to teach my self not to leave the tractor this way.
Hopefully you get her back soon.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #47  

This is not the case for the GC series. The engine will shut off if the tractor is in gear and the operator presence switch is released, regardless of the parking brake. I suspect this is because there is no electric position indicator switch on the parking brake. In other words the machine does not know if the brake is applied or not. A brake position switch would be nice as it would allow a dash indicator light to be used, but these subcompacts are price point and many features that are standard on bigger machines are not included.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #48  
Thanks. I have a call into the dealer and they are not aware of any problems with the parking brake. He is checking further, supposed to call back with any info. I expect the frame is damaged with a hit like that, but I cannot see any cracked welds or bends, the next thing I will do is measure center of front wheel to center of rear wheel. The more I look at it the sicker I get.:(

It will all be a distant memory in about 3-4 months so try not to beat yourself up over it. Frames can be straightened at a collision center and the FEL/hood can be replaced. As I said before, regardless of wether or not you pay out of pocket or the insurance company pays-keep the damaged FEL as parts.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics. #49  
I would not expect the frame to have any major damage by the way the FEL is bent. It appears to potentially have absorbed the impact.

Car, and truck frames do the same thing when they get hit off center. We would call that hit a "sway" with a little "mash" on the left side.

Sways look bad. But on a car, or truck, but they are relatively easy to repair. Never having done one of these, (subcompact tractors), I can only speculate.

If it were mine, and I had to pay out of my pocket, I would be repairing everything. But, that's only because I could save myself a lot of money.

/ GC parking brake popped out! Damage pics.
I think the frame is bent, I notice the mower is lower on one side and went in front of the tractor lifted the loader and you could clearly see it listing to the right. It could be the FEL has it in a bind, not sure. I can't get it off. I have not yet recieved a call from MF, still waiting he said he would do some digging, but this is the first he has heard of a E brake popping out. So I called the insurance co. They just called back with a claim number told me to get 2 estimates either from a body shop or MF. So I will get them and leave it at the dealer to have them do the repairs. And I will keep my old parts, I only think the pins and cylinders are worth keeping, even the stands are bent.