GC seat safety switch malfunctioning

/ GC seat safety switch malfunctioning #1  

75H2

Silver Member
Tractor
MF GC 2300
I have a GC 2300 with 275 hours. The seat safety switch started acting up today when I was mowing. If I moved at all it shut the tractor down. It acted as if I stood up. I mean I couldn't even shift my weight or it would shut off. It's not usable like this. Any Ideas? I have alot of work to do this weekend

Thanks in advance

/ GC seat safety switch malfunctioning #2  
Well, you have two obvious choices:

1. Do like most of us, and bypass it. (Which is a major safety issue!!!). (I don't want to hear from the safety guys).

2. Replace it.

/ GC seat safety switch malfunctioning #3  
I'm surprised that theres still any out there hooked up.

/ GC seat safety switch malfunctioning #4  
My seat switch is covered by upholstery, which I haven't yet figured out how to remove, but in the parts/service book it appears to be bolted to the underside of the seat pan, held in place with 2 or 3 nuts/bolts. Part # is 6242275M91, "Switch Assembly, Seat". (Guess my seat is the new, fancier version...:laughing:)

If the switch isn't bad, perhaps the nuts have loosened up?

Attachments

• DSC02960.JPG
    DSC02960.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 197
   / GC seat safety switch malfunctioning #5  
Well, you have two obvious choices:

1. Do like most of us, and bypass it. (Which is a major safety issue!!!). (I don't want to hear from the safety guys).

Same here.

One of the first modifications I did was to take a piece of wire and make a jumper.

That was 2+ years ago and, so far, there haven't been any safety issues. :cool:

/ GC seat safety switch malfunctioning #6  
While you're doing the seat, go ahead and take care of the PTO and neutral safety switch, as well...they'll be the next to go.

/ GC seat safety switch malfunctioning
Bypass successful, thanks all:thumbsup: