GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications
So that bolts on the outside of the side of the bucket, then?

Yes sir.

It was a lot of trouble to gain 7". But, I had all the material in stock, so it didn't cost me much. And, it works great.

IMG_0646.JPGIMG_0702c.jpg

You can't see my face, but I am smiling. I can't believe how easy unloading my trailer is now. Might even put an electric motor on it next, so I don't have to get off the tractor. :D

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #92  
Yes sir.

It was a lot of trouble to gain 7". But, I had all the material in stock, so it didn't cost me much. And, it works great.

View attachment 644115View attachment 644116

You can't see my face, but I am smiling. I can't believe how easy unloading my trailer is now. Might even put an electric motor on it next, so I don't have to get off the tractor. :D

I am thinking about this because I need more snow capacity.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #93  
Yes sir.

View attachment 644115View attachment 644116

Ok gotcha, that second pic clears it up for me. Cool.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #95  
   / GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #96  
Oh, that link shows Walmart. I bought mine on Amazon. A lot of places sell them, Northern Tool as well, I think.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #97  
KC, this was what I bought. It went up in price by a few bucks from last year, not much though.

Just keep in mind, it's not a direct swap with the original seat, you're gonna have to put in a little work. Here's the thread I made about it:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...e-rotating-tractor-loader.html?highlight=seat

Thanks for your seat swap link to your thread regarding the installation of your new tractor seat.

In your seat swap link to your thread, post #26 you have a link to your seat from Amazon, thanks.

Your you tube video in your seat swap link to your thread, post #21 is also very informative.

KC

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #98  
Excellent, I'm happy it helps! :)

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications
I am thinking about this because I need more snow capacity.

It would probably be best to follow the 12" bucket rule with that. Any bucket less than 12" will tend to have sticking problems when trying to empty it.

I probably would have gone 12", but the materials I had on hand, were 7" wide.

I would have added 12" or more if I was making it for snow. But, since you could eliminate the original side panel, you could weld on a smaller extension.

I have considered welding the extension on, and re-centering the bucket. I know the tractor can push a bigger bucket than this. But, I kind of like the slight off set. It allows me to get close to objects with a little more clearance for the wheels, and still doesn't take up much more parking room in my crowded shop.

You could also make a scoop to bolt on the face of the bucket, since you won't have clearance issues. I didn't have much room to do that and still get under the back of the trailer.

A loader mounted plow is a much better option for snow.

Attachments

• articulated snow plow 002.jpg
    articulated snow plow 002.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 105
   / GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #100  
Well Ray, you ol' dog! I've got the same trailer... and the same problem, of course! What a great solution!! :thumbsup: