GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
its not gonna happen this winter but for next winter I would like to have a 350-500lb or so rear 3pt (class 1) weight bucket that ALSO has 2' reese hitch capabilities.
I don't have a welder so cannot build myself, also due to fibromyalgia (parkinsons like shakes) I can't borrow friends/familys welders to build myself. I can't weld a straight bead to save anyones life...irony is the shakes work GREAT when brazing LOL

so I was wondering if any GC series owners (larger tractor owners prob not gonna have same needs as scut owners) had come across anything that meets these needs.

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #2  
Be creative ..... Saw one ballast weight that was just a stack of weight lifting (cast iron ) weights on cat 1 draw bar....

7c4dde055922b066bc194afbed7a8bbd.jpg

So many ideas, should find some inspiration here to create what you might need.....

And nuts and bolts still work, welding is only a tool of convince.....

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed
Be creative ..... Saw one ballast weight that was just a stack of weight lifting (cast iron ) weights on cat 1 draw bar....

View attachment 723714

So many ideas, should find some inspiration here to create what you might need.....

And nuts and bolts still work, welding is only a tool of convince.....
thought about something like that but really not best fit for me.
I'd really like something I can just back up to and with quick hitch hook to.
technically I am not supposed to lift over 25 lbs (I got multiple mechanical tears and injuries as well as multiple neuro issues...the list goes on and on) so the stacked weights could easily be a problem for me. by problem I mean unable to get out of bed or lift arms/turn neck for a week.

but keep the ideas coming, I am just absorbing ideas/knowledge at this point for NEXT year.

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #5  
I bought a commercial three point ballast box. It already had a two inch receiver attached. It even came with the retaining pin.

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed
   / GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #8  
Paid $255 with a coupon I found online.

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #9  
After buying/building your ballast box, a wooden stand keeps it from dumping over when you back into it
20200705_134456.jpg

/ GC series rear weight bucket with 2 inch hitch adapter ideas needed #10  
I built a ballast box for my tractor. This barrel is over 860 lbs with 14 bags of kwik crete in it. If you built it with half the bags, you'd be at the weight you're looking for. A receiver hitch could be installed in the barrel also, concrete would secure it.

Attachments

• IMG_6994.jpg
    IMG_6994.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92