GC1700 Can backhoe can stay on with mid-mount mower?

/ GC1700 Can backhoe can stay on with mid-mount mower? #11  
Well the 3ph lift arms need to lower when the mmm deck does (but not vise versa, btw), but I'm not sure if the gap back there where the the hoe mounts would allow it. Maybe. In any case, why would you want to leave it on anyways? The GC is not the most comfy mower as is, but having even the loader on makes it less so....couldn't even imagine leaving the backhoe on would improve it. Not to mention how much soil compaction you're doing there to your lawn with all that weight mounted.

I dunno which deck you're considering, but the 60" drive-over one is close to $3k...and it won't even accept a mulching kit, nor will it take any other mowing blades (hi-lifts, gators, etc) besides the stock ones. I like to cut my grass on the tall side during the summer, but these stock blades just don't stand the grass up to my liking at that height, so it doesn't leave the nicest cut. $3k would buy you a very nice garden tractor that would accept a mulch kit for fall leaf cleanup, various blades, etc.

Its one saving grace is that it will chew through anything w/o bogging. Now that I have a zero turn stander mower, I plan to use the GC's deck as a brush hog (if I don't sell it).
in Oct 2020 a 60" drive over was 2500$ at dealer.
this is best deal I found on blades, I keep 2 sets on hand. one sharpened one on deck
if your back links, on a gc2400/1710/1723/1725 can't move your deck will NOT move. and I can prove on a 1710,1723,and 1725 hoe mounted prevents movement.
the deck lift movement is driven off left rear 3pt lift. with backhoe on it cannot float down. then deck will not lower.
run a deck with backhoe on and area dealers will void warranties on brand new machines.

/ GC1700 Can backhoe can stay on with mid-mount mower? #12  
in Oct 2020 a 60" drive over was 2500$ at dealer.
this is best deal I found on blades, I keep 2 sets on hand. one sharpened one on deck
if your back links, on a gc2400/1710/1723/1725 can't move your deck will NOT move. and I can prove on a 1710,1723,and 1725 hoe mounted prevents movement.
the deck lift movement is driven off left rear 3pt lift. with backhoe on it cannot float down. then deck will not lower.
run a deck with backhoe on and area dealers will void warranties on brand new machines.
I priced the deck a few months ago coz I was looking to sell it, the dealer here told me they sell new around $3k currently. Everything went up late last year.

Yeh, you could get blade replacements, but it's the same low-mid lift blade, there's no other option available. That sux.

/ GC1700 Can backhoe can stay on with mid-mount mower? #13  
very true, but what can you do?
I keep set sharp for...I'm not gonna say fast as it involves bucket and chains...swap outs.
good thing though...these blades a full 1/4" thick and go through about anything.
got 68 spruce trees lining borders of my lot. spruce trees like to stick their roots out of ground. there are many spruce trees here with a lot of missing material on top of root LOL
and minor nicks in blades. damned things are heavy. which saves them. would love a gator style blade for MY needs (I stress my needs) but....not happening.

/ GC1700 Can backhoe can stay on with mid-mount mower? #14  
very true, but what can you do?
I keep set sharp for...I'm not gonna say fast as it involves bucket and chains...swap outs.
good thing though...these blades a full 1/4" thick and go through about anything.
got 68 spruce trees lining borders of my lot. spruce trees like to stick their roots out of ground. there are many spruce trees here with a lot of missing material on top of root LOL
and minor nicks in blades. damned things are heavy. which saves them. would love a gator style blade for MY needs (I stress my needs) but....not happening.
Yeh, that's the one awesome thing about the mower deck, it will chew through anything with the pto drive and those 1/4" blades, w/o a hiccup.

I was just giving the o/p options, since sounds like he hasn't bought the deck yet. For the price of it, you could get a dedicated mower (garden tractor) with which it will be more comfortable to mow, allow you to use a mulching kit, different type of blades, and hey another tractor. And the big plus is that you don't have to dismount the loader and backhoe to use the mower. Yes, it doesn't take too long to do that, but it is a hassle having to do that every week, and then having to reattach it.

I'd say the main positives to getting a mmm is if you mainly use the scut as a mower during that season, with the attachments parked. Or, you just don't want to maintain separate pieces of equipment. Or...you like having the deck as ballast and as a way to lower the center of gravity (quite effective, actually).

/ GC1700 Can backhoe can stay on with mid-mount mower? #15  
LOL my MMM, bucket, tiller, go on and off many times a week.
for me, its the best option. for others maybe not best option.
now I can rotate (now due to compost actions) 25+ yds3 of horse manure with MMM on. but I choose not to.
after rotate I usually have some tilling to do. bucket on helps with front weight as well as gives me ability to unstick myself if needed.
then bucket and tiller off MMM mounted lawn/fields mowed.
open minds lead to good options LOL

/ GC1700 Can backhoe can stay on with mid-mount mower? #16  
Yeh for sure, everyone has their own preferences.