3-Point Hitch GC1700s say one thing but do another ????

/ GC1700s say one thing but do another ???? #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
OK . . So how many times can I read the manuals . . . operate the controls in testing it . . . and still nothing changes ????

I have no problems raising and lowering my 3 pt. hitch. And I have no problems cutting grass with the mmm. But when I want to use the hitch but keep the mmm up . . . do you think I can do it ??? Lol. Now I'm not talking about running PTOs . . neither rear or mid . . . this is just the lifts.

The manuals (both deck manual and tractor manual) tell you that the height adjust for the mid pto lift/mmm needs to be set while in full up. OK

It tells you there is 1 thru 5 settings plus lock. So I try lock about a dozen times. But the mmm still comes down. So I go all the way counterclockwise to 1 . . Still comes down. All the way clockwise . . Mmm still comes down.

Lol . . . a grown man or woman should be able to do this in their sleep . . Lol . . maybe thats my problem . . I'm awake :)

So how do I keep my mmm deck in full up position while I vary the 3pt hitch height ?

/ GC1700s say one thing but do another ???? #3  
Theres a screw know between your legs in the floor. Lift all the attachments to the highest position and then twist the screw up to the highest setting, I think its counter clock wise when looking down on it. This is what keep the mower deck up when you operate the 3PH.

/ GC1700s say one thing but do another ???? #4  
When I had my GC2400, I found that the nut came off the bottom of the adjustment rod so it would not hold the MMM up. Replaced the nut at the bottom and put a jam nut with it and it worked fine after that.

/ GC1700s say one thing but do another ????
Theres a screw know between your legs in the floor. Lift all the attachments to the highest position and then twist the screw up to the highest setting, I think its counter clock wise when looking down on it. This is what keep the mower deck up when you operate the 3PH.

Greetings wrangler,

Thats the point of this thread . . I've done that a dozen times and it doesn't work. At least so far I haven't found a thing that causes it to work.

/ GC1700s say one thing but do another ???? #6  
I don't understand where you say "It tells you there is 1 thru 5 settings plus lock" part. Its just a screw adjustment, no settings.

/ GC1700s say one thing but do another ???? #7  
Object moved On the left hand side of the page select MOWER DECK LIFT-RIGHT HAND Part#32 on this page.