Loader GC1705 loader performance

/ GC1705 loader performance #11  
The 1705 is a very capable little unit. You get about all a homeowner needs in the package, loader, backhoe and mower.

This is good advice....just to clarify the 1705 is FEL unit w/o BH

/ GC1705 loader performance
Anybody use their FEL to remove any sod and then the dirt below the grass?

/ GC1705 loader performance #13  
http://youtu.be/j4zi6StUteY
A toothbar on the loader would work much better but it can be done with the flat edge that come's on the loader !!

/ GC1705 loader performance #14  
Anybody use their FEL to remove any sod and then the dirt below the grass?

Yes, my wife has removed a fair bit of sod and the dirt below it before she learned that bucket position means a lot when scooping! :) GC2610 very handy and strong for the size.

/ GC1705 loader performance #15  
I removed sod and dirt down about 6" with mine to build a deck. Worked great. I have since purchased a used box blade and definitely would use that instead for doing that type of work. Be smart and watch CL for used attachments and watch for sales for other attachments that may be hard to find. I just picked up a boom pole and used it today to move a section of tree I had just cut down. The 3 pt hitch is plenty strong and also handles my snowblower, 5 ft rear blade, and other attachments. The loader has plenty of strength, but be careful not to overload, otherwise have some type of weight or attachment on the back to counter load. As a last thought, it's great to have something to put the dirt into, as it will save you time. I has 3 piles around the yard.

/ GC1705 loader performance #16  
Just picked up a new 2015 gc1705 with loader and belly mower. The new belly mowers are drive over. As far as what the FEL will lift. I can tell u that you don't want to put 700 lbs. In there on this size tractor. It is quite impressive but the weight of the tractor is just too low to be holding the max on the loader. I haven't had anything I wanted to do that it couldn't in the first 13 hours. This thing is really good on gas, 13 hours and it is still not empty. I had a 2013 mf 1526 that I traded for the 1705 and it was the right decision. The gc is awesome, very solid, and refined all in a smaller very capable package. The only thing holding this tractor back is traction in sand.

/ GC1705 loader performance #17  
I am really close to purchasing a MF GC1705 tractor with the DL100 loader but the only thing that is holding me up is not knowing how the DL100 loader with this tractor performs. I have 5 acres with about 2 of those being woods. We have some reservations about if the loader will actually will be able to lift loads of gravel, horse manure, dirt, sand, and also wondering if the tractor itself is strong enough to drag small trees that have fallen in the woods. Can the tractor push snow pretty good in the winter with a snow blade? I know a lot of questions but it would be better coming from a forum of users and not salesmen telling you anything you wanna hear. Its really appreciated.[/QUOTE

I can tell you from experience that the DL100 loader is more than capable of anything you mentioned. Since I bought mine I have used it for snow removal and plowing, heavy load movements like 12' by 4' galvanized steel walls, 40 yards of organic loam, 6-18 yard truck load of 2" gravel, 14-16 yard truck loads of sand, 2-18 yard truck loads of silt. 6 yards of crushed slate. I have used it to level a half an acre of gravel over what was once an 8' foot hole in the ground, sand, silt and loam. I've moved 10 yard piles of dirt in several locations. I've used it to push down trees up to 4" in diameter, move yards of snow piles and install 6 yards of mulch. I have also used it to bulldoze\lift tree trunks from trees 14" in diameter My pins are still in good shape, my tractor in great condition and my front edge on the loader is just starting to show a little wear on the outer edges. My only complaints are the grease zercs on the top linkage of the bucket are subject to breakage when moving gravel-the rocks can fall in between-however the 1705s new grease zerk design will eliminate that. The other is when trying to lift clayish dirt you will need some teeth and ;lastly I need some kind of a bucket extender so I can grab more snow at one time. She may take more trips than a full size machine but she will get the job done on 12 hours a tank of diesel. I am now at 180 hours.