GC1705 - Mower Deck Height Adjustment - Won't Lock in the up position?

/ GC1705 - Mower Deck Height Adjustment - Won't Lock in the up position? #11  
With or without the mower, when the mower arms are raised to full up, if I adjust the knob to lock they still go down if I try to lower the 3pt arms.

Dropped it at the dealer today and they said they've never seen one that worked - they are looking into it - but anyone that owns one - does yours work?

Thanks,
Chris

I've talked to a number of GC owners. It appears the GC 2300 and GC2400 series worked pretty consistently but the GC1700 series had a couple changes to it and a fair percentage of them don't work.

I talked to the service manager at my dealership and when I bring it in at the 50 hour service they will fix it. They were quite familiar with the situation.

1. It can be the retaining nut broke or came off.

2. It can be the linkage needs adjustment.

What SHOULD happen if properly adjusted . . Is the deck doesn't move or drop at all when locked . . no movement. Meanwhile the 3 pt does what a 3pt does.

If a dealer is surprised . . it means they've sold mostly gc 2300 and gc2400 units . . or they've sold very few gc1700s.

The point is . . it is fixable.

/ GC1705 - Mower Deck Height Adjustment - Won't Lock in the up position? #12  
I really wish I could figure this out.

My dealer isn't aware of what I'm talking about. (sometimes wishing I'd gone Green)

/ GC1705 - Mower Deck Height Adjustment - Won't Lock in the up position? #13  
I really wish I could figure this out.

My dealer isn't aware of what I'm talking about. (sometimes wishing I'd gone Green)

My understanding is 1 of 3 things all which are related:

1. There is a nut that can come loose or fall off that is located on the rod of that deck height control.

2. Or that nut or threads on the rod could be stripped where the nut meets.

3. Or that linkage relating to that rod needs adjustment because it is not closing off movement and flow of hydraulic.

If you mow grass a lot its not a big issue . . . But if you use your 3pt and have a mmm its a pain because one or the other is scraping or in the way. Early this fall I'll have mine fixed when my 50 hr is done. BUT before I leave the dealership . . I'll test it several times with the mmm deck attached to make sure.

In my personal case . . I had the deck off at one point and the control then seemed (or appeared) to work. So on mine deck weight appears to defeat the control.

/ GC1705 - Mower Deck Height Adjustment - Won't Lock in the up position? #14  
My understanding is 1 of 3 things all which are related:

1. There is a nut that can come loose or fall off that is located on the rod of that deck height control.

2. Or that nut or threads on the rod could be stripped where the nut meets.

3. Or that linkage relating to that rod needs adjustment because it is not closing off movement and flow of hydraulic.

If you mow grass a lot its not a big issue . . . But if you use your 3pt and have a mmm its a pain because one or the other is scraping or in the way. Early this fall I'll have mine fixed when my 50 hr is done. BUT before I leave the dealership . . I'll test it several times with the mmm deck attached to make sure.

In my personal case . . I had the deck off at one point and the control then seemed (or appeared) to work. So on mine deck weight appears to defeat the control.

Just got my GC 1720 with the build date of 6/2015 and it has the same issue. When the MMM Height Adjust is in the fully up and locked position is will still move the MMM and 3PT hitch. Guess need to call the dealer and see if they can send someone to adjust it.

/ GC1705 - Mower Deck Height Adjustment - Won't Lock in the up position? #15  
Has there been any resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem. I did a decent amount of tilling and the mower deck wouldn't lock all the way in the up position.

/ GC1705 - Mower Deck Height Adjustment - Won't Lock in the up position? #16  
I'm following up to see if the mmm lock that keeps decks from dropping has been resolved yet for other GC1700 owners ?

In my case I've been told there are a couple fixes but as yet I haven't had my tractor to the dealer to have it done.

It serms like finding time when you can be separated from the tractor has been challenging :)