3-Point Hitch GC1705 - Multiple Issues - Hydraulic Concern - Feedback Welcomed

/ GC1705 - Multiple Issues - Hydraulic Concern - Feedback Welcomed
Lemme start by thanking everyone who posted any response to this thread. I'm happy to say that the whining sound (for now) has been silenced, the front-wheel 'chatter' has been replaced by smooth, normal feel, and the mower deck is now rising and falling upon command. For those of you interested in the steps that I took to resolve the issue, you're invited to read on.

1. Started the engine and backed the GC1705 into the driveway.

2. Let engine run (low RPMs) for approximately 20 minutes (mostly unattended idle).

3. Did not utilize any tools; did not adjust anything; did not change any fluids or filters.

4. Returned to GC1705 while still running, engaged transmission and started driving.

5. Noticed that front steering chatter was no longer occurring, but mower deck still would not lift.

6. Mowed approximately 1 acre and then returned GC1705 to garage.

7. Waited 24 hours, repeated steps 1 through 4.

8. Stopped test drive. Checked under chassis to ensure no obstructions or dirt/grass compaction in the area where the MMM deck lift mechanism spins. None noted.

9. Engaged MMM lift lever and deck rose perfectly; then lowered perfectly; then raised again perfectly.

10. Mowed approximately 2 acres without any further problems.

Humble gratitude to the mechanical and hydraulic Gods for smiling down upon my GC1705 and automagically healing its ailments. Yes, I fully recognize that the symptoms can return at any moment, and could even be worse. For now, I shall enjoy continued hours of trouble-free mowing until such time the next hiccup manifests itself.

/ GC1705 - Multiple Issues - Hydraulic Concern - Feedback Welcomed #22  
I wonder if its just as simple as an obstructed valve somewhere? Something causing air pockets or strain on hydraulics like a person getting high blood pressure from clogged arteries.
Glad its back to normal :)

/ GC1705 - Multiple Issues - Hydraulic Concern - Feedback Welcomed #23  
Did this start right after you changed the fluid 10 hours ago?

I bet this new fluid is not your friend. It may have too many friction modifies, but meets the spec, and is causing your pump to not pump the fluid correctly.

/ GC1705 - Multiple Issues - Hydraulic Concern - Feedback Welcomed #24  
It may have been air in the system from the fluid change. Most owners cycle the FEL afterwards to get rid of the air. As you don't have one, try cycling the 3pt up and down first next time until it works smoothly. It may take several cycles before it starts to even move. When air gets into the steering lines/cylinder, due to its construction, it is very hard to get rid of the air. It may have been causing the shuddering. I assumed that there wasn't any air in the lines when I made my recommendations.

The oil you're using should be ok for your location. Oil quality is important, additives make up a large part of the cost. Cheaper oil usually means lesser quality base stock, or a reduction in the additive package. They aid in separating out air and water from the oil, along with modifying the lubricity/viscosity at different temperatures. The oil lubricates, cools and provides the seal on moving parts. It's a fairly critical item often overlooked.