GC1705 Will not Start!

/ GC1705 Will not Start! #1  

rider7767

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T264 with loader and implements
Well after one year and 167 hours, I have had my first trouble. I was out mowing and shut down to get a drink. I came back out after 10 minutes and no joy. I did the basic trouble shooting and nothing. I am able to jump the starter and it starts and runs fine. I finished my yard today. It will not start with the key. I really want to fix it myself. I trust my work, but I guess I will take it to the dealer since it is under warranty.

/ GC1705 Will not Start! #2  
Well after one year and 167 hours, I have had my first trouble. I was out mowing and shut down to get a drink. I came back out after 10 minutes and no joy. I did the basic trouble shooting and nothing. I am able to jump the starter and it starts and runs fine. I finished my yard today. It will not start with the key. I really want to fix it myself. I trust my work, but I guess I will take it to the dealer since it is under warranty.

You can start by checking all the safety switches.

Check the levers to make sure they are in the proper position. It's easy to bump one and not realize it.

Then, you can jumper the switches on those items, one at a time to see if it fires. Don't forget the seat switch.

Also check the ignition switch, for a wire broken off the back.

These are the most common failure points.

/ GC1705 Will not Start! #3  
Take it to the dealer ONLY after you have double checked those "forehead slappers".

As mentioned, Safety switches and shifted wires.

If you find the guilty party, call the dealer and tell him/her how much you appreciate the warrantee service, but this time, You have it covered!

/ GC1705 Will not Start!
You can start by checking all the safety switches.

Check the levers to make sure they are in the proper position. It's easy to bump one and not realize it.

Then, you can jumper the switches on those items, one at a time to see if it fires. Don't forget the seat switch.

Also check the ignition switch, for a wire broken off the back.

These are the most common failure points.
I worked as a Maintenance Warrant Officer in the Army for thirty years. I am tired of working on stuff but I trust my work. Still I paid for the warranty.

/ GC1705 Will not Start! #5  
Value your time!

The shop idiot may just get the better of the deal.

/ GC1705 Will not Start!
Value your time!

The shop idiot may just get the better of the deal.
We have good Dealer here. They have been in business for over 40 years. They tried to hire me as a mechanic. I was mouthing off about my background. I just retired and he was trying to put me back to work.

/ GC1705 Will not Start! #7  
I worked as a Maintenance Warrant Officer in the Army for thirty years. I am tired of working on stuff but I trust my work. Still I paid for the warranty.

Suit yourself.

It's certainly worth taking a few minutes to check it over, before calling them.

Keeps you from looking stupid, if you are the cause.

I did my own warranty repairs, wasn't worth the down time to me. Or, the frustration of having to rework their repairs.

/ GC1705 Will not Start!
Suit yourself.

It's certainly worth taking a few minutes to check it over, before calling them.

Keeps you from looking stupid, if you are the cause.

I did my own warranty repairs, wasn't worth the down time to me. Or, the frustration of having to rework their repairs.
You made the assumption, I haven't already checked it out.