GC1710 Throttle Stiffness

/ GC1710 Throttle Stiffness #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710
Has anyone noticed their Gc17xx has a really stiff throttle ? I had a Gc2310 which the throttle was smooth but my new 1710 is really stiff and getting worse. My dealer says it is normal but it's not. It does not seem like the cable but the linkage. Maybe I need to lube the linkage or loosen the nut a bit on the pivot point. :confused: Anyone else have this issue ?

/ GC1710 Throttle Stiffness #2  
The GC1705 is my first but the throttle is snug. The rod below the handle bends slightly during use. To me it's normal but have nothing to compare it to.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ GC1710 Throttle Stiffness
The GC1705 is my first but the throttle is snug. The rod below the handle bends slightly during use. To me it's normal but have nothing to compare it to.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Ok thanks. I am going to look into adding some grease or lube it. It seems it is a friction issue where it pivots in the dash. Little different design than my GC2310 which was pretty smooth.

/ GC1710 Throttle Stiffness #4  
Careful with the lube or your throttle won't stay where you want it.

/ GC1710 Throttle Stiffness #6  
Please keep us posted on how it works for you. At least with lube it can be wiped off if the movement becomes too easy.

/ GC1710 Throttle Stiffness #7  
If it were me . . . I wouldn't be adjusting any nuts or linkages until I used "a little" lube.

I'd suggest a spray that islithiul based (like a white CRC type lithium) . . I wouldn't use a penetrating item like WD40 because you want something that moves to its position and then stays there without buildup. Mine is stiff but certainly not the need for 2 hands.

Mine didn't sit outside before purchase so that could also be a contributing issue.

/ GC1710 Throttle Stiffness #8  
Has anyone noticed their Gc17xx has a really stiff throttle ? I had a Gc2310 which the throttle was smooth but my new 1710 is really stiff and getting worse. My dealer says it is normal but it's not. It does not seem like the cable but the linkage. Maybe I need to lube the linkage or loosen the nut a bit on the pivot point. :confused: Anyone else have this issue ?

Use silicon lube. Grease attracts dirt. If the throttle cable is in a sleeved housing use a motorcycle style cable lube tool so you can shoot lube through the whole cable.