GC1715 Neutral Switch

/ GC1715 Neutral Switch #1  

Steller13

Tractor
2014 Massey Ferguson GC1715
I have a 2014 GC1715 that needs a lot of work. It appears that the Range Neutral Switch is missing. Does anybody have a picture of the switch installed on a 1715 for reference? Also very curious in the connector as the original looks like a 2 wire, but the substitution on the AGCO website looks like a 4 wire. I believe mine only has 2 wires if I'm looking at the right thing (it's messy and modified).

GC1715 Neutral Switch.jpg

/ GC1715 Neutral Switch #2  
I have a 1720 and will see if I can get a picture later.
Does the tractor start if you bypass temporarily, or you're not that far into the fixup?

/ GC1715 Neutral Switch
I have a 1720 and will see if I can get a picture later.
Does the tractor start if you bypass temporarily, or you're not that far into the fixup?
That's next on my list is bypassing it, didn't have time last night. The PTO switch was covered with crap, so I got that one free. Went to look for this one and couldn't find it. I bought the manual and I'm confused because the part doesn't match the manual picture...

/ GC1715 Neutral Switch #4  
for gc1715 should be part number 4267281M92 (replaces 4267281M91) and is 2 wire.
same switch my 2010 GC2400 takes and its what I bought when mine broke. that little nylon arm easy to break when old, gets brittle.

edit: you will have to modify new one with weather proof connectors if you can't find one that fits switch.

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Last edited:
   / GC1715 Neutral Switch
I tried jumping it out, but still no luck starting.

/ GC1715 Neutral Switch #7  
I have a 2014 GC1715 that needs a lot of work. It appears that the Range Neutral Switch is missing. Does anybody have a picture of the switch installed on a 1715 for reference? Also very curious in the connector as the original looks like a 2 wire, but the substitution on the AGCO website looks like a 4 wire. I believe mine only has 2 wires if I'm looking at the right thing (it's messy and modified).

View attachment 854850
Wow, I can't believe the rust!

Was it used in a salty environment, moving salt piles or on a beach?

Looks like you have some work a head of you, good luck.

/ GC1715 Neutral Switch
So if it's normally open, then this is probably not my "no start" problem as disconnected switch = normally open switch.

And yes, a ridiculous amount of rust. Was used for snow removal in upstate NY. I wanted a project, and well, I found one...

/ GC1715 Neutral Switch #10  
So if it's normally open, then this is probably not my "no start" problem as disconnected switch = normally open switch.

And yes, a ridiculous amount of rust. Was used for snow removal in upstate NY. I wanted a project, and well, I found one...
pretty sure thats how this one works, too cold for me to test mine today. plus need to take tire off to access so....
iirc the actual harness on switch is approx 8 to 10" long and connection is hidden behind linkage, and bare spots/issues there can also cause no starter engage if the part broken off switch itself isn't touching somewhere.
easy to check, find connector and disconnect if still there.

Last edited: