GC1720 and king cutter hog size

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size #11  
Newby here,what is a flex hitch,or guick hitch?
Flex hitch is a king kutter exclusive 3pt implement hitch type that allows the cutter to articulate about 15° on the horizontal axis and roll up and down freely on the vertical axis without binding up on the tail wheel and 3pt system. They're a pretty neat concept but patented last I knew so no one really has anything quite like it except king kutter. Screenshot_20190905-180926.jpg

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size #12  
Thanks

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size #13  
Same question I had for a 6' cutter (TW26) for the NX.
Without batting an eye, dealer / owner told me, if the brush or grass is too tall or thick just slow down a bit and it'll be alright.
Well tested this theory on a pasture not cut in over 5 years and yup, just slow down.
So you should be fine it will take a few passes to get that comfort feeling and you will be able to tell on how to adjust your speed to the foliage and its thickness.

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size
Well guys based on your advice I went with the 5 foot. Just got it home. Still on the trailer ready to unload. Manual is talking about possibly needing to shorten the pto shaft. I hope not. Anyone had to do this?

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size #16  
Well guys based on your advice I went with the 5 foot. Just got it home. Still on the trailer ready to unload. Manual is talking about possibly needing to shorten the pto shaft. I hope not. Anyone had to do this?
That's common. It's not hard and there are many tutorials online. Check out the one fromTed at Everything attachments.com on YouTube. If you add a quick hitch you reduce your possibility to have to shorten it. QH's add about 4-6" of length to the PTO shaft need

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size #17  
There is also a video from Tractor Mike channel.
Hook up the shaft and set you 3ph.
Next fully raise cutter and using liquid ink or tape mark where the tractor side of the shaft cover ends. mark it on the cutter side cover.
Disconnect pto and then slide tractor side of shaft all the way inwards and see where it bottoms out.
Does it bottom out before your tape/ink mark or past it and by how much?

That way you can tell how much needs to be cut off if at all.
After re-reading this heh video will make more sense.lol.....it'll work out for yah, you on the right track and asking all the right questions.
Keep us updated......
Regards...

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size #18  
Flex hitch is a king kutter exclusive 3pt implement hitch type that allows the cutter to articulate about 15° on the horizontal axis and roll up and down freely on the vertical axis without binding up on the tail wheel and 3pt system. They're a pretty neat concept but patented last I knew so no one really has anything quite like it except king kutter.View attachment 619977

A chain for top link (lift) will do same thing....

Dale

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size
Thanks everyone for the info. It has been helping me all day. Here is an update: I had to use the loader to unload the hog from my trailer. They loaded on backwards. My wife picked it up from the dealer :) I was doing fine until the crazy wheel got under my front MF bumper! After that mess.. I found that the cutter's pins were too far out for my hitch. The lower arms would hit the Backhoe mount. So out comes the Impact and I put the pins facing in. I hope this will not be an issue? I also found that I had to let out my top link all of the way and it was still a hair short. So I used the loader to raise the front end a bit and it is all hooked up sans the pto. It got dark. Sorry if I am calling some of the parts the wrong thing. Feel free to correct.

/ GC1720 and king cutter hog size #20  
You may just want to go ahead and either get a longer top-link or switch to chain. If there are not enough threads engaging the center shaft of the top-link, you risk bending it or tweaking the threads making it not adjustable.