gc1720 headlight replacement

/ gc1720 headlight replacement #21  
Looks good. They have to be better than stock.

/ gc1720 headlight replacement #22  
Since MF left my area, I haven't been looking at any tractors. So, this is my first look at the 1720 front, up close.

I would guess they were going for a retro look?

I don't find it particularly appealing.

/ gc1720 headlight replacement #23  
Since MF left my area, I haven't been looking at any tractors. So, this is my first look at the 1720 front, up close.

Ray . . Could you define "since MF left my area" ??

The dealer changed brands or went out of business or ??

You may want to check your geographic radius for MF dealers . . you may be surprised at the growth of MF locations . . Espevially the GC1700 and 1700 series. In Wisconsin numerous Kubota only dealers now are MF dealers too. AGCO is definitely getting their product into more locations . maybe your area too.

/ gc1720 headlight replacement #24  
Well got my led light bulns tody and they fit perfect. Wasnt dark out but took some pictures. Ill take some pixtures of them at night also.

4 bulbs 30 bucks. If they are 2-3 times brighter then stock im happy. Will do some night testing and let you guys know.

Ooklaa, 1 led bulb linked in this thread was the 194 led self focusing bulb but those were 19.95 each and they were 35% brighter than stock . . But that was mentioned by someone else.

You mentioned the bulbs you used were led and were quite a bit brighter and cost about 30 bucks for all 4. So what are they (part number or name brand etc.). What wattage requirement for the led bulbs ?

Thanks

/ gc1720 headlight replacement #25  
You may want to check your geographic radius for MF dealers . . you may be surprised at the growth of MF locations . . Espevially the GC1700 and 1700 series. In Wisconsin numerous Kubota only dealers now are MF dealers too. AGCO is definitely getting their product into more locations . maybe your area too.

Okay, so, I went to the MF, find a dealer search, and found no surprises.

To answer your first question, the big tractor dealer I bought my GC from, who was minutes away, says they gave MF the boot. MF declined to give me their side of the story.

Another dealer, who was 30 minutes away in the same direction, picked them up, but a few years later, also stopped selling MF.

A new dealer 50 minutes away, in another direction, picked them up last year. But, they are in the middle of no where. I have no reason to go in that direction. So, barring a major mechanical issue. I do not expect to ever go there.

By contrast, there is a Kubota dealer a short distance away, who has been there for many decades. And the JD dealer has been here, since the beginning of time. :confused3:

/ gc1720 headlight replacement #26  
Well got my led light bulns tody and they fit perfect. Wasnt dark out but took some pictures. Ill take some pixtures of them at night also. 4 bulbs 30 bucks. If they are 2-3 times brighter then stock im happy. Will do some night testing and let you guys know.

Looks much better, the color is more appealing and even "looks" brighter. Can't wait to see details of what you bought and the night use feedback. I'm a little concerned in the reflective light coming back on me from the rear of the FEL bucket. If its brighter going out it will be brighter in the reflection too.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ gc1720 headlight replacement #27  
They LED's are definitely brighter.

They don't appear in those photo's, as being 2-3x brighter, to me.

Some interpret the whiter color of the light, as being brighter than it is. You can see this, if you go to a store that has a display of different light bulbs, illuminated. A colder white can seem brighter, than a warm white, of the same power.

The rated lumens should be stated in the advertising for the LED's.

The lens on the end will focus the light to a finer point, which will be a brighter spot. But, the question is, how useful does that end up being. It has to be big enough, and, low enough, to be of use to the operator. If it is aimed too high, to hit the sweet spot in front of the tractor, and all it does, is light up the back wall of the garage better, that's not much help.

/ gc1720 headlight replacement
   / gc1720 headlight replacement
Pictures as promised. Not bad for 30 bucks. Hopefully they last a long time. ,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    856.8 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    868.5 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg