GC17xx front wheel camber

/ GC17xx front wheel camber #1  

GeneV

Elite Member
Tractor
Bradley 48" stander MF GC1710
Look at that front right wheel, what's up with that? Should I be concerned? Everything seems to work fine.

PXL_20211007_195658478.jpg

/ GC17xx front wheel camber #2  
What am I looking at of concern?

/ GC17xx front wheel camber #3  
Did you check the bolts holding the wheel?
Anything seem loose on that side?

/ GC17xx front wheel camber
Did you check the bolts holding the wheel?
Anything seem loose on that side?
No, nothing evident. Just weird that one wheel is more cambered than the other. Can you guys with GC's take a look at yours while on level ground? Maybe that's just a "thing" with this tractor, dunno.

/ GC17xx front wheel camber #5  
Mine are definitely cambered. Wheels both at equal inflation?

/ GC17xx front wheel camber #7  
my 2010 gc2400 has a camber like that (maybe not as pronounced) BUT is equal on both sides.
if I had to guess its the OTHER side that is off spec.
with that being said....if everything works just drive on...

my 2010 gc2400 has a camber like that (maybe not as pronounced) BUT is equal on both sides.
if I had to guess its the OTHER side that is off spec.
with that being said....if everything works just drive on...
Hwhaaaat!?? Now you got me thinking, and that thinking is that either me or the previous owner did too much loader stuff w/o adequate counterbalance on the back, and maybe a little bit messed up the axle or cv joint on the left side over there. :oops:

But like you said, if everything is working, maybe no biggie?

/ GC17xx front wheel camber #9  
Hey Gene, both of my front tires look even and similar to your right side tire.

You probably already looked at these suggestions I'm thinking of to check/adjust are:

Front tires toe-in, & air pressure ratio stated in my owners manual (front tire pressure to rear tire pressure).

Just a guess, maybe your mower has more down pressure to the ground wheel/s on the right hand side versus the left hand side (if so it may act like a jack raising the right hand side some a long with less weight on the right side tire)?

Hey Gene, both of my front tires look even and similar to your right side tire.

You probably already looked at these suggestions I'm thinking of to check/adjust are:

Front tires toe-in, & air pressure ratio stated in my owners manual (front tire pressure to rear tire pressure).

Just a guess, maybe your mower has more down pressure to the ground wheel/s on the right hand side versus the left hand side (if so it may act like a jack raising the right hand side some a long with less weight on the right side tire)?
Yeh thanks, yeh I gotta take a closer look at all that for sure. The whole time, I was concentrating on the more cambered right wheel, didn't even think to look at the other wheel. Doh!