GC17XX Shop Manual

/ GC17XX Shop Manual #21  
I don’t have a link but have the manual. Message me. Maybe I can look up or read it to you over the phone (sarcasm)

/ GC17XX Shop Manual #22  
How to remove the oil pan on a 1720

/ GC17XX Shop Manual #23  
I have a 399 massey ferguson and I would like to know how I can get the 2 speed pto shaft changed over to 1000 rpm 21 spline. Can I get just the adapter that goes over the 540 rpm and it turns into 1000 rpm or 6 spline into 21 spline. Or do I have to order a whole new pto shaft of a 21 spline. And what does the 2 speed pto mean? And how's it work?

/ GC17XX Shop Manual #24  
I have a 399 massey ferguson and I would like to know how I can get the 2 speed pto shaft changed over to 1000 rpm 21 spline. Can I get just the adapter that goes over the 540 rpm and it turns into 1000 rpm or 6 spline into 21 spline. Or do I have to order a whole new pto shaft of a 21 spline. And what does the 2 speed pto mean? And how's it work?
I don't know your specific tractor.
But quite likely, you have to remove the stub from your rear end of your tractor.
As far as I remember, some tractors had a certain spot to store the other speed's stub on the back. That way, the stubs were within reach when it came to change them.

The end of the stub tha goes into the tranny might be shaped differently. That triggers the different speed.

Maybe this can steer you into a direction.
Like I said, I don't know your type of tractor specifically.