Mowing GC17xx SSQA for DL95

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95 #1  

cglaser104

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1710, Cub Cadet 2206
Good afternoon folks. I had a good weekend enhancing my GC1710 for future projects. I was able to buy a MF factory SSQA for my loader and SSQA adapter plate that I have a professional welder friend coming to put on my factory loader bucket. I wanted to show you/share a pic for anyone who might be wondering how that looks and what it might cost. All told, both together from my local dealer ran me $520 or so. Sales tax is a bit over 8% of that amount. They call it a "Tool Carrier SS" instead of Skid Steer Quick Attach but it's the same thing/same standard. Beyond that, the dealer did say there is a WR Long Electronic selenoid controled 3rd function valve that can be added to the front end loader as well. They were charging about $750 for that.

The big plate on front is the adapter plate... The SSQA system is the mounting apparatus with handles and the stainless bar tht runs across the entire loader system with a bolt/lock nut locking the sides together. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. IMG_20190804_081722.jpgIMG_20190804_081756.jpgIMG_20190804_081742.jpgMVIMG_20190804_081737.jpg

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95 #2  
Do you have a pic of the bucket attached and detached close to the Front of the bucket hitch? Might do that with mine this winter.

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95
Got my first addition for use on my SSQA system beyond the loader bucket...pallet forks! Titan attachments was running a sale and I was able to find a coupon code from a YouTuber that took a little more money off as well. $415 delivered into my front yard for a set of 3000lb capacity SSQA 36" forks weighing in a 265lbs altogether. The welds look good, it's more heavily built that my machine could ever hope to hurt and now I have another tool to get stuff done.

I debated whether or not to get the 42" version but for such a small tractor and limited hydraulic lift less was more in terms of function.

44 Not Found

I can grab more pics by request...I snapped these quick before the rains came in this morning after assembling them on the pallet and attaching them. Perfect fit!IMG_20190817_092725.jpgIMG_20190817_092420.jpg

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95 #4  
It looks nice. I bought mine for mytractortools.com. A guy from WI makes them. My forks also attach to the three point which has come in handy at times. Plus the QA has a receiver i can use for moving trailers and my log splitter.

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95
It looks nice. I bought mine for mytractortools.com. A guy from WI makes them. My forks also attach to the three point which has come in handy at times. Plus the QA has a receiver i can use for moving trailers and my log splitter.
If I had seen those I very well might have bought them. The prospect of going from the front to the back as well as the weight is really appealing on sub compact machines.

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95
Do you have a pic of the bucket attached and detached close to the Front of the bucket hitch? Might do that with mine this winter.
I bought this adapter plate through my dealer along with the factory SSQA. Luckily I have access to a professional welding friend who did the work in his fabrication shop. This particular SSQA plate flared at the bottom and tappered to the top allowing for proper alignment when hooking up. The problem was that it's wider than the tapered back of the bucket which isn't 48" like the front cutting edge. He had to cut the outer ears off the back to create a smooth plane to weld against. The other issue is the bucket height itself is shorter than the SSQA system to the plate sticks up above as you can see in the pictures. This is common for converted subcompact buckets I've seen done for kubotas as well. The new 1725M loader buckets look taller and shallower for native SSQA compatibility.IMG_20190829_123459.jpgIMG_20190829_123419.jpgIMG_20190829_123414.jpg1567097942107.jpg

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95 #7  
Ok thanks for the pictures.

Jim.

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95
Looks much better cleaned up with a fresh coat of paint on it.

My advice to anyone who does this modification is to find the thinnest/lightest conversion plate you can if you so this on a subcompact tractor. (3/16" is the thinnest I saw) Make sure the outer sides are square and not tapered like mine so you don't have to cut off the outer flanges on the bucket. The plate pictured is a good design as it minimizing weight for a weld on unit by not being a solid plate across the back. Those of you that are more handy could weld on just what you need. There were kits on eBay for this.

Good luck!IMG_20190831_130408.jpgIMG_20190831_130416.jpgScreenshot_20190831-132317.jpg

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95 #9  
I am starting to think that maybe the ssqa is something I should look into for the 1705.

Jim.

/ GC17xx SSQA for DL95
I am starting to think that maybe the ssqa is something I should look into for the 1705.

Jim.
You'll lose about 80lbs of capacity to the ssqa "toolkit" from AGCO to start. The bucket itself will be a what weight you remove when you cut off the pin on brackets to weld on the ssqa brackets. A good fabricator could probably make that close to a wash... The weld on plates tend to be overkill for this type of tractor.

On the included image I would cut the center out of where I drew the blue lines and put the X and then gusset the top and bottom to eliminate as much weight as possible. Good penetration with stitch welding using a mig welder with 100% argon shielding on the sides and especially the top and bottom should work fantastically for support. If you end up doing it, we love pictures here!Screenshot_20190904-211621.jpg

Skid Steer Quick Attach System Basics | QuickAttachView attachment 619798