GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year...

/ GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year... #1  

eeglot

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
Has anyone experienced, a loud buzz in the transmission area/hydralics when the tractor gets real warm? I have asked many dealers regarding this, and know one has a clue what I am talking about. You have to use the tractor for almost an hour during the warm weather, using the bucket, mower etc. It flutuates in rythym while at idle, and will squeal when the tractor is shut down. I had one dealer, send a service person over to look at it, but that was during the fall, and when he ran it, he never heard the noise, obviously because it didnt get hot enough. He said he checked everything, and the hydralics were at 1800 psi, right where they should be.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Anyone experince this, or have any suggestions. I just want to know if this is normal or not

Eric

/ GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year... #2  
Have about 35 hours on my GC2300 and have not experienced any buzzing as you described. Have you tried using a mechanics stethoscope to isolate where the buzz is coming from?

/ GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year...
Its either coming from the lines that run under the frame that go to the power steering, or the box right under the seat, (relief valve)?
Only really hear it at idle, and after its good and warm. I may give the scope a try........see if I can narrow it down.

Thanks for the reply.......hoping someone may have heard this, and is a few steps ahead of me to finding out what it is, or if it needs to be fixed.
I do know its related to warm, or hot fluid, and never notice it until your at idle after working it.
Almost like a fluid flow noise, and combination buzz/hiss sound. I may take another shot at having the dealer come out, and I will be there this time with the tractor all warmed up.

/ GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year... #4  
i'd check the steel lines arn't vibrating together,that would give a buzz sound,and wear a hole in a line fast,metal lines wear through fast where rubber won't.

Great idea gone.....as that is just the kind of sound I get when it gets hot, like lines vibrating together.

Are you thinking of any specific lines that you know are close? I recall the ones on top of the trans, under the seat, but from what I remember, those lines didnt appear to be close to one another. The sound is definately coming from the tunnel area, or under the seat. I have felt those hard plastic lines that go forward to power steering. That vibration you feel out of those lines, seem to mimic the sound that is heard.
It also makes sense because, as the fluid gets hot, it moves faster, and could create the vibration, and noise if lines are close. Ill have to take a closer look, and will have to take some body parts off so I can see well.

/ GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year... #6  
Does it have a power steering filter that need to be cleaned?

I am not aware of a powersteering filter.........the power steering is fed from hydralics, lines from the trans. And yes, the trans has been changed with new fluid at 50 hours, with a new filter, and pickup screen filter.
It has made the noise since it was new pretty much.

/ GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year... #8  
You might check your manual, to see if it does or not. My MF 1250 had a power-steering filter and so does my MF 1440.

thanks gerry, Ill check, but I am 90% sure it does not have one

/ GC2300 Issue, been chasing this for over a year... #10  
sorry i get busy in the summer,i'm not familar with the way the lines run,but kubota also feeds the loader hyd. from under the seat area, the pump on the bx was on the top left of the trans. the rear end on the 2310 i saw at my MF dealer looked the same as the bota, but i didn't crawl under it.Some hydros have a hum to them nomatter what while the same model beside it will be quiet, can't explain why but it's life. At work we have lots of rollers dozers ect. not one will sound exactlly the same.