GC2300 Issues

/ GC2300 Issues #31  
I have a 2006 GC2310 and ( touch wood ) has been very trouble free. The only issues i had was a faulty o-ring that seeped a bit on the backhoe lever, hydraulic fan blade that broke ( my fault when brush mowing, which then added the fan/filter shield ), shortened my rollbar as it is JUST a little to tall to go under my garage door, and my seat tore on the seat bracket ( which still is, as my dealer would not fix it under warranty ) I do regular maintenance ( overkill, as i swapped all my fluids to Amsoil and still change oil as Massey recomends ) I use my tractor, but try not to over use it as although it is an amazing machine, it is a sub-compact and it does have limits on what it can do. I have used the advice from other on here as well, such as not grabbing the steering wheel to get on and off, cleaning my hydrolic hose connections when i connect them, EASE the rear diff when needed, try not to use 4x4 when on solid ground and when i do engage, pretty much stop before i do, etc.... One complaint i have.... some days i wish it was just a little bigger, but if it was, then it would be too big ! :confused2:

Maybe i got a good one, maybe by 2006 they got the major issues fixed. But overall, after 5 years of owning, i still can't wipe the smile off my face when i use it !!! :thumbsup:

/ GC2300 Issues #32  
You should add one, it was the first thing I did.

Thats a super simple upgrade and I am going to add a light to indicate when the glow plugs are engerized, :thumbsup:.
This would be a great item to add to the "All newbies, FAQ:" or reference the glowplug upgrade light add on to this thread and post #'s, ;).
It sure will be nice not to guess how far to turn the key to activate the glow plugs, :cool2:. KC :D :D :D

/ GC2300 Issues #33  
Thats a super simple upgrade and I am going to add a light to indicate when the glow plugs are engerized, :thumbsup:.
This would be a great item to add to the "All newbies, FAQ:" or reference the glowplug upgrade light add on to this thread and post #'s, ;).
It sure will be nice not to guess how far to turn the key to activate the glow plugs, :cool2:. KC :D :D :D

Thanks.

I did not realize so many had the same thought, and did not realize it was simple for them to add. Or, I would have mentioned it sooner.

Perhaps we need a GC upgrades thread? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / GC2300 Issues #34  
Thanks.

I did not realize so many had the same thought, and did not realize it was simple for them to add. Or, I would have mentioned it sooner.

Perhaps we need a GC upgrades thread? :thumbsup:

Kudos to ray66v, :drink:. Smart thinking about starting the "GC upgrades thread". I went to Napa today and purchased one of these little round red lights that slips into a 1/2" diameter hole that I drilled near the emergency flasher switch, :cool:. This is by far the greatest simple upgrade that I have done! Now I do not have to guess how far to turn the key for the glowplugs, Thanks, :thumbsup:. KC :D :D :D

/ GC2300 Issues #35  
MF GC2300-exhaust wed problems.

I have posted earlier about the welds on my exhaust flange to the manifold, and also had the grey (others have a black) bracket that supports the muffler and airbreather it has cracked as well close to the muffler but not at a weld.

I sopke with the dealer and they were quite shy about it but the salesman did talk to the shop forman and they have had a few they have fixed. There was never a warrenty recall. What thay have done was install a CG 2400 muffler. Looking at the exploded diagrams on line the 2300 and 2400 seem to be simular in their mounting.

Has anyone seen or preformed any mods to take the stress off of the muffler, I think the grey or black bracket is just a point of vibration accross the engine to the muffler and airfilter and the only two bolts holding it in place go through the manifold.

I would hate to buy new OEM parts just to see the same thing happen again.

As well I seem to be having starter relay problems when I have been plowing or mowing for a while. I shut off the tractor and it will not start until it sits for a while and cools off?

I would appreciate any help.

/ GC2300 Issues #36  
MF GC2300-exhaust wed problems.

I have posted earlier about the welds on my exhaust flange to the manifold, and also had the grey (others have a black) bracket that supports the muffler and airbreather it has cracked as well close to the muffler but not at a weld.

I sopke with the dealer and they were quite shy about it but the salesman did talk to the shop forman and they have had a few they have fixed. There was never a warrenty recall. What thay have done was install a CG 2400 muffler. Looking at the exploded diagrams on line the 2300 and 2400 seem to be simular in their mounting.

Has anyone seen or preformed any mods to take the stress off of the muffler, I think the grey or black bracket is just a point of vibration accross the engine to the muffler and airfilter and the only two bolts holding it in place go through the manifold.

I would hate to buy new OEM parts just to see the same thing happen again.

As well I seem to be having starter relay problems when I have been plowing or mowing for a while. I shut off the tractor and it will not start until it sits for a while and cools off?

I would appreciate any help.

Some of the mufflers on the early models had issues. They were replaced with later model mufflers under warranty.

I would weld the areas that have cracked, before spending money to replace it.

As far as the starting problem goes, I would jump the starter next time it won't crank. If the starter cranks, I probably would replace the relay. If it doesn't, I would look at the starter.

Also, have you checked the ground strap between the engine and the frame?

/ GC2300 Issues #37  
Some of the mufflers on the early models had issues. They were replaced with later model mufflers under warranty.

I would weld the areas that have cracked, before spending money to replace it.

As far as the starting problem goes, I would jump the starter next time it won't crank. If the starter cranks, I probably would replace the relay. If it doesn't, I would look at the starter.

Also, have you checked the ground strap between the engine and the frame?

I have welded them twice, and now the bracket is rubbing on the valve cover caps. The starter is fine, the ground strap is is intact and corrison free.

thanks for the help

/ GC2300 Issues #38  
I've the 2006 gc2300. I had a friend reweld but you can't get the same angle as the factory. Their's the big problem. Wish the Mfg would have the curtesy to notify the customer about the defect!! The diesal shakes to much, putting a lot of stress on the part.
Has anyone had good luck with their dealer or the factory?
a.w.a.n.p.

/ GC2300 Issues #39  
I've the 2006 gc2300. I had a friend reweld but you can't get the same angle as the factory. Their's the big problem. Wish the Mfg would have the curtesy to notify the customer about the defect!! The diesal shakes to much, putting a lot of stress on the part.
Has anyone had good luck with their dealer or the factory?
a.w.a.n.p.

No, they will not notify you of everything they did that may, or may not fail. I don't know of anyone who does.

As far as these machines go MF has only addressed problems, (including known ones), after it fails. Hoping like every other company, that it happens after your warranty expires. Once it's out of warranty, you may get some relief, but probably not a no cost repair, unless your dealer wants to eat some, or all of it for you.

You certainly could try asking the dealer to put in a request to MF for a new muffler, and see if they will give you one.

/ GC2300 Issues #40  
As far as these machines go MF has only addressed problems, (including known ones), after it fails. Hoping like every other company, that it happens after your warranty expires. Once it's out of warranty, you may get some relief, but probably not a no cost repair, unless your dealer wants to eat some, or all of it for you.

Thats not wright. I know of several times MF found a problem, notified the customer and fixed the problem under warranty. Ive even seen a few cases when they did it when the tractor was out of warranty.