GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #1  

BearWV

Tractor
2011 Kubota L3200, 2005 Massey GC2300
I couldn't find a post talking about this, if there is one I'm sorry for another post.
I have a 2005 GC2300 about 500 hours on it.
I just purchased it off a guy that had it since 2012.
He told me about a small leak in the front end when I got it.
I used it a little less than an hour so far and I've noticed the steering cylinder has began to leak pretty significantly.
I can't seem to locate any rebuild kits or even a replacement unit.
Any assistance anyone can provide would be great.

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #2  
Not sure what vintage tractor you have. The steering cylinder changes at s/n JRA20354. The one listed in the parts book is p/n 6251909m1 and has a better seal and piston arrangement.

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #3  
Well, this is not what you want to here, but I got into trouble with my steerring cylinder on my mf 1531. I had to go through an agco dealer cause I couldn't find any after market parts.the cylinder itself was almost 800 dollars. (Yeah, a real gouging. What else is new from agco). I had it rebuilt at agco. I needed a new rod as well. The total cost( another gouging) about 525 dollars. Needless to say I'm not an agco fan. You can buy regular cylinders at tractor supply for 100-200 dollars a piece all day long at tractor supply. Another thing about my mf is that agco marketed such a heap, that if your breaks I have probably already dealt with you problem. My mf is pure junk.

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #4  
HI, I have my 2005 MF GC2300
is leaking from one side of cylinder.
I already order and received all replace parts to do the job.
my question is:
as that only have 2 tubes that connect the bottom cylinder to power steering box at top, where to add oil? as most of the oil already coming out?
and what oil to use?
I will appreciate your answer, before I start fix.
thanks
rucafta GC2300 leeking.jpg

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #5  
GC2300 leeking002.jpgGC2300 leeking003.jpgGC2300 leeking004.jpg
HI, I have my 2005 MF GC2300
is leaking from one side of cylinder.
I already order and received all replace parts to do the job.
my question is:
as that only have 2 tubes that connect the bottom cylinder to power steering box at top, where to add oil? as most of the oil already coming out?
and what oil to use?
I will appreciate your answer, before I start fix.
thanks
rucaftaView attachment 557336

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #6  
The steering is supplied from the same source (fluid and pump) as the main hydraulic system.

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #7  
Well I finally removed the steering hydraulic cylinder from my 2004 GC2300. I disassembled the cylinder and replaced fours seals PN 3710935M1 and one one ring PN 4264755M1. There is one other seal at the center of the piston rod that I didn't replace. It that ones leaks it would not be visible since it would only leak from side of the cylinder to the other. It would cause a loss of steering force but not an external leak. Well, the dripping leak is gone. The most difficult part of the deal in the removal process from the tractor . You have to jack up the tractor and drop the from front axle from the tractor by removing the middle pivot pin to allow access to the hydraulic hose connections on the cylinder. I could actually see how badly worn of the fours seals was. The complete new cylinder from our MF dealer runs $927.00 including taxes and shipping. The four seals were $8.87 each and the o ring was $11.03.

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #8  
Thanks ronvera.

A very useful post.

Welcome.

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #9  
Well I finally removed the steering hydraulic cylinder from my 2004 GC2300. I disassembled the cylinder and replaced fours seals PN 3710935M1 and one one ring PN 4264755M1. There is one other seal at the center of the piston rod that I didn't replace. It that ones leaks it would not be visible since it would only leak from side of the cylinder to the other. It would cause a loss of steering force but not an external leak. Well, the dripping leak is gone. The most difficult part of the deal in the removal process from the tractor . You have to jack up the tractor and drop the from front axle from the tractor by removing the middle pivot pin to allow access to the hydraulic hose connections on the cylinder. I could actually see how badly worn of the fours seals was. The complete new cylinder from our MF dealer runs $927.00 including taxes and shipping. The four seals were $8.87 each and the o ring was $11.03.

/ GC2300 Leeking steering cylinder #10  
Rovera, I need to rebuild my steering cylinder as you did, is it really that hard to remove the front axle? I included a pic of what I think the middle pivot pin is.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17