GC2300 MMM wheels

/ GC2300 MMM wheels #1  

deansailer

I was going to replace my mower deck wheels until the dealer quoted a price of $125 each. Are there any other options for these wheels?

/ GC2300 MMM wheels #2  
*laughs hard* sticker price shock! sounds about right. the old 1954 allis chalmers CA with woods LS60 MMM / belly mower (60" deck) i had to replace one of the front deck wheel on it. and i want to say ran about same price. i think i made a few calls, and wait a couple weeks and a deal came up on internet for around 60 bucks.

for what ever reason. it seems i grease everything else but i end up forgetting about the deck wheels every other time or 2. each wheel and then connect rod that goes up. i don't know why. it has been so many years now. that it has become a bad habit i have yet to break out of :/

the hard solid rubber wheels, and then the heavier harder metal (higher grade metal) most likely what drives the price up on them. they taking a beating and keep on going. a caster wheel you might find at menards / homedepot. would most likely be completely destroyed and a mangled up mess.

/ GC2300 MMM wheels #3  
Expensive aren't they. I know the feeling and couldn't see myself paying that price for them,so I didn't. One other reason was that the shafts were worn as well so putting new wheels on would have be stupid. I ended up buying some different wheels with full length bearings inside,plus they are greaseable. I believe that they were $ 35. each.I had to replace the shafts so using a angle grinder I ground down the welds and was able to remove the old shafts.I used a long enough 3/4" bolt and nuts to hold the new wheels in place.Used the head of the bolt to keep the wheel from sliding off then put on a nut put the bolt through the bracket then a nut on the outside.At least by using a bolt for a shaft it would be a easy replacement if I ever needed to do it again.[In all fairness I did just sell the MF gc 2300] Just showing you what I did and it worked out fine for me for 3 yrs there still in great shape. I did have to modify the deck just a bit at the front so that the wheels wouldn't rub on the front.The wheels are 6" dia so now the deck won't cut lower then 2" in the lowest setting.It was good for me as I never cut my grass any shorter.Here's some pics of the deck mod. with the wheels on.If you interested in what wheels I used I'll see if I can hunt up the make etc:Just looked up te wheels. bought them from a place called Casterland [Martin wheels] item # MWZP625T 6.25x3" HD RIB/white wheel 3/4" RBx3" [centered] 250 lb [toro] with taxes $ 33.24. each.

Attachments

• mower deck 003 (Small).jpg
    mower deck 003 (Small).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 368
  • mower deck 004 (Small).jpg
    mower deck 004 (Small).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 328
  • mower deck 006 (Small).jpg
    mower deck 006 (Small).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 212
   / GC2300 MMM wheels #4  
I was going to replace my mower deck wheels until the dealer quoted a price of $125 each. Are there any other options for these wheels?

Ya it's crazy the price of parts. Even to buy a new MMM is the price of a cheap garden tractor! But they are built like a tank and will last for years ( other than your wheels I guess.... :laughing: ) Mine are still ok, but I did have to buy new blades ( mine is the 6 blade mulching ) and they were around $200.00 !!!

/ GC2300 MMM wheels #5  
Ya it's crazy the price of parts. Even to buy a new MMM is the price of a cheap garden tractor! But they are built like a tank and will last for years ( other than your wheels I guess.... :laughing: ) Mine are still ok, but I did have to buy new blades ( mine is the 6 blade mulching ) and they were around $200.00 !!!

Yep madhatter . . I'm still looking for an extra set of blades like yours on some type of 3rd party supplier.