GC2300: O-ring placement on suction screen

/ GC2300: O-ring placement on suction screen #1  

44trxfun

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
Hi gang,

Like last time, it's been a while since I posted here. What can I say; too many hobbies and too little time! My '08 GC2300 is still going strong having moved tons of rock, mowed mega acres of lawn and pasture and cleared too many feet of snow, not to mention driveway grading and other assorted tasks. It is truly one of the best investments I ever made!

It's been a while since I changed the hydraulic oil myself (last few times were done by dealer since it was there for other things). Today's the day and all is going well. However when I pulled the suction screen, one of the o-rings was loose on it. I've cleaned the screen as per the manual and am ready to reassemble.

I think I've got the position of the o-rings right, but it doesn't feel right when re-inserting it through the fitting in the tubing. Can one of you either confirm the position of both o-rings as shown in the picture is correct or post the right positioning for them. I don't find the diagram in the manual all that helpful.

Thanks much and happy tractoring!

IMG_20150828_120522.jpg

/ GC2300: O-ring placement on suction screen #2  
Not sure if the link will work, but looking at the AGCO parts book, it looks like the O ring belongs between the transmission housing and the oil pickup tube, then the suction filter is inserted through the oil pickup tube then threaded into the transmission housing.
Object moved
Chassis, main piping system.

Dennis

/ GC2300: O-ring placement on suction screen
Thanks very much, Dennis. Your link didn't come through but it finally dawned on me the other day that it had to be the way you described it (and the linked image must show it). That's the way I ended up re-assembling it and I haven't seen a drop of oil on the garage floor so I guess it worked.

I appreciate your response. Though I'm not on here nearly as much as I used to be, TBN has been a great and helpful community for me. Thanks again.