Snow GC2310 rear snow blower

/ GC2310 rear snow blower #1  

67PLY

Silver Member
Tractor
MASSEY GC2310
I was thinking about getting a rear mount snow blower for our GC2310. My dealer suggested a Woods Model SS52 - 52" wide blower. Anybody out there using the Woods?

/ GC2310 rear snow blower #2  
Not using a Woods, but a Farm King. I am sure it will work well. Ours is 50" and our tractor handles it no problems.

Hope others will chime in here.

/ GC2310 rear snow blower #3  
My dealer would like to sell me a Woods rear mounted 52" blower too. I haen't seen one in person, but have a picture another member posted. It seems that in the picture the Woods sets further back than other brands, and I think if the 52" one does too that it would be a problem on a tractor the size of yours, or mine. It was also quoted at $500 more than a Blizzard which is made a little lighter I think, but is a hair lighter, seems to sit closer to the tractor, has 4 impeller blades instad of 3, etc. I'll post the picture, and you can get an idea what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 334
   / GC2310 rear snow blower #4  
My dealer would like to sell me a Woods rear mounted 52" blower too. I haen't seen one in person, but have a picture another member posted. It seems that in the picture the Woods sets further back than other brands, and I think if the 52" one does too that it would be a problem on a tractor the size of yours, or mine. It was also quoted at $500 more than a Blizzard which is made a little lighter I think, but is a hair lighter, seems to sit closer to the tractor, has 4 impeller blades instad of 3, etc. I'll post the picture, and you can get an idea what I'm talking about.
Our Farm King was set too far back too, but thankfully it is adjustable.

Because it sat back, the nose was real light, but we changed that. In this pic, it was set back too far.

Is the Woods adjustable?

/ GC2310 rear snow blower #5  
I don't know if it is, or not adjustable. The literature didn't say, and that picture is the only one I've seen of one mounted. They showed me one in the crate, but I couldn't see much. I can't see any adjustment holes in the photo.