Backhoe GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack?

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #11  
I built a dolly just like Jaybrad's I can remove or install my BH in less than 3 minutes (timed myself):)

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #12  
Hey Jay, what are your measurements for the one you built for the back hoe. LxWxH . Also the sizes of lumber. The one in the pics look like 1X6 and 1x4, but my eyes or can be bad.<snip> Sort of leaning towards bxpanded, have a garage with cement floors.

Ray,

The one I made for the BH & snow blower is 60" x 32" x 5". The 60" sides are pressure treated 2 x 4 and the ends are pressure treated 2 x 10. On one end I put 2 - 2 x 10 beside each other because it gives me more tolerance when I place the BH bucket down. The swivel casters are hard rubber and I think are rated for 1,000# each. I drilled and used long screws to put the wood together and lag bolts for the caster wheels. It's plenty solid, to be sure.

Right now, the snow blower is on the dolly, but when it's time to make the seasonal change, I use the FEL to lift the snow blower off the dolly (or is it "dolley"?) and set it on the driveway, then I will put the BH onto the dolly and push it into a storage room attached to our garage (concrete floor).

The bxpanded dolly looks like a nice professionally made unit. By comparison, mine looks like the DIY project that it is. However, it works great and is perfect for my application; and it was about 1/4 of the price. The money I saved paid for a new Sawzall and a bunch of blades - at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :D

Good luck,
Jay

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #13  
Hi Ray,

I have seen his website and his dolly is nice but I want to have larger diameter tires so it will roll easily on dirt. Actually, I think Jay's dolly is nicer than the one on bxpanded, the width of Jay's would allow other uses.

I am going to work on my dolly soon, I am thinking of using a couple of front tires and wheels from my Wheel Horse tractors. I have an extra set of front tires and wheels, I think I can put a bracket (angle iron) inside the lower backhoe mount and put a piece of 3/4" round inside the angle to mount the wheels. Then I need to figure out what I am going to use for the other end of the dolly so it will turn easily. I am planning on something that I can easily move with one of my garden tractors.

I will post some pictures as soon as I start fabrication.

Bruce

I have a bx so not sure exactly how your hoe is removed, but when i made my dolly for the bx, I made it so that that height of the dolly is about an inch below the hoe. So when the hoe on the bx is tilted forward it hits the dolly, it lifts the pins out of the lower slots. Thats why you dont need to use the out riggers when removing the hoe on the bx.

here is link for some ideas...
Fabricated Backhoe Cart

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #14  
I have a bx so not sure exactly how your hoe is removed, but when i made my dolly for the bx, I made it so that that height of the dolly is about an inch below the hoe. So when the hoe on the bx is tilted forward it hits the dolly, it lifts the pins out of the lower slots. Thats why you dont need to use the out riggers when removing the hoe on the bx.

That may be possible with the Massey, too, but not with me at the controls - at least not yet. :rolleyes:

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #15  
That may be possible with the Massey, too, but not with me at the controls - at least not yet. :rolleyes:
oh its so easy... Take a look at some videos on how to remove the hoe on the bx, if the massey is setup the same way, its real easy...

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #16  

here is link for some ideas...
Fabricated Backhoe Cart

Great idea, thanks for posting that. Should work perfect for the Massey tractors too. I need to make one now! :D

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #17  
If you have any questions feel free to ask...

/ GC2410 Backhoe removal with jack? #18  
Completely different solution, perhaps, but, since I keep he BH mounted on the tractor in the winter (with front blower), I simply "park" the backhoe off to the side of my driveway area when mowing.

I put a couple large blocks of wood under it to keep it up high enough (outriggers slowly settle) so I can just back right up to it to re-attach it.

This may be temporary, but works with a minimum of fuss!:D

Aafter sitting a few days it still settles some --still have some finer points to work out-- so I just hook up the lines & re-level with the hydraulics.

Attachments

• BH parked.JPG
    BH parked.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 363