GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #1  

mgstevens

Silver Member
Tractor
MF GC2410 "Cliffy", JD R72 "Moe Greene"
Of course I will search the forum after posting, 'cause...

Starting last season, one (or more) of the FEL hydraulic connections (the yellow one, lower inside.. it appears) is leaking fluid. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and can point me in the right direction to get this running leak free again. Is it likely a tightenable connection, a deteriorated o-ring, or a new connector needed?

I can see the fluid leaking at the top of the connector - the one on the hose-end that is part of the FEL assy.

Any advice appreciated. hydraulics is one thing I have no experience with...

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #2  
agco parts list for dl100 lists all 4 hoses being same part SL103408 online price if you have edealer I don't) is 10$ so prob local dealer around 18$ or so each.

Capture.PNG

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #3  
Is it hose or actual quick connector .... IF just quick connector, look at part number on connector and just find replacement on line... IF its on male end where fitting is swaged to rubber hose you may need new hose..

Last edited:
   / GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #4  
yeah I took the line
the one on the hose-end that is part of the FEL assy.
to mean the swedge on hose itself leaking, not a lot of excess on there to cut/swedge new end plus hose would have to come off anyway.
the replaceable quick coupler massey # is 6254332M91

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #5  
I had good luck with "Discount Hydraulic Hose" online.

Better quality hose than MF, just choose your size hose, length, and ends...

Good luck, KC

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #6  
I had good luck with "Discount Hydraulic Hose" online.

Better quality hose than MF, just choose your size hose, length, and ends...

Good luck, KC
cool will bookmark it.
fwiw manual for gc24xx says 1/4 inch by 30 inch hose. does not specify ends but I had bought some earlier and think I still have packaging for specifics. will look later tonight.

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #7  
cool will bookmark it.
fwiw manual for gc24xx says 1/4 inch by 30 inch hose. does not specify ends but I had bought some earlier and think I still have packaging for specifics. will look later tonight.
I built a hose/gauge set to hook to the FEL hookups on floorboard. a safeway s41-2 fitting ( iirc @MF-RED in MT pointed these out to me) works into the couplers. so whatever that actual end dimensions are on hose would work.

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #8  
I just looked at my hose connection for the FEL and it appears mine are both 1/4" Male NPT.

Here's a link to my post about changing out the hydraulic hoses to the front quick hitch.

Edit:

I'm not sure of what type of hose connect to the FEL is, but I know the quick coupler is 1/4" Male NPT.

KC

Last edited:
   / GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid
Thanks for the responses. I am reasonably sure the hoses coming from the FEL are fine, as the drip continues with the snowblower quick-hitch. I want to focus on the quick-connectors. Are they an MF-only part? Can they be re-fitted with seals?

I need to spend a bit of time, disconnect the hoses, clean the area, put a shop towel below to make sure I know the leak points...

But it's spring, who's got time to stop?

Again, if you have any experience with these connectors, please share....

/ GC2410 FEL Hydraulic Connector Leaking Fluid #10  
Mine will leak from time to time, I just clean them up and it stops leaking for a while