3-Point Hitch GC2410 limited Cat-1 hitch compatible rear blade

/ GC2410 limited Cat-1 hitch compatible rear blade #11  
Now that's one heck of a scrape blade!

I had thought about how to increase the lift and figured that lowering the lift point would help. Obviously you made it work with that giant blade of yours.

Another option which I didn't consider until by chance I saw a small JD with the same size rear tires as my GC2410 sitting in someones yard last week. It had a 60" Gill scrape blade (angle and tilt capable) attached and in the full up position the blade cleared the ground by probably a foot or more. My wife thought I was crazy when I did a bat-turn into that person's driveway, jumped out to get a closer look. I noticed right away that the lift arms on that tractor are about twice as long as the ones on my tractor and, unless I'm worse in Geometry than I thought, per Pythagorean's theorem the extra lift arm length (hypotenuse) would create a higher lift height (rise). I'm sure there are some negative aspects of having long lift arms, e.g. moving the center of gravity toward the rear of the tractor, but for the blade weight I'll be dealing with I don't think that will be a problem.

Your thoughts on extending the lift arm length?

While that will work, then you may need to use a different top link to match the added length. I personally would not do it, I would modify the blade hitch points.

Good luck. ;)

/ GC2410 limited Cat-1 hitch compatible rear blade #12  
We made it back; sure is good to be off the road! Covered over 3000 miles with two kids who were becoming increasingly intolerant of each other.

Here's the small Woods blade I got, if you'd like to see what it looks like; also the "shoe" I got from the dealer. I could just weld it on, but I was hoping to retain the (manual) angling feature and hadn't finished figuring out how to do that yet.

DSC04111.JPGDSC04112.JPGDSC04114.JPG