GC2410 Wont turn over

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #11  
WANNABE1-- how'd you make out? Guess I'm lucky, I also still have the original battery in my 2310, now over 4 years old.

I would also suggest checking the ground strap -- very closely. Mine also (eventually) broke, but before that the tractor was becoming increasingly difficult to start. Most, if not all, of the starter's juice will travel through that ground strap. I even added a second ground strap for insurance; tractor started like it had a new battery after that repair.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #12  
Mine last 5 years, anything more then that your lucky. I have a battery recondition on my charger which could help.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #13  
I have a GC2310 and it seems the battery is failing (original battery). Does anyone know what the required starting amperage of the replacement battery needs to be. All the wording on my battery is in Japanese or Chinese so I cant figure it out.. Thanks for your help. Larry

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #14  
According to the numbers on mine, it's a DELKOR NX100-S6SMF battery. At Delkor's link, it shows:

AH (Amp-Hrs), 50
RC (min), 80 (Don't know what that means)
CCA (Cold Crank Amps, if I'm not mistaken), 405

They also list all the dimensions, but you should be able to find a cross-reference, I bet, under M-F GC 2310 at an auto parts store....

Here's the link:
bci/jis

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #15  
RC (min), 80 (Don't know what that means)

RC= Reserve Capacity. Another rating you can use to compare one battery to another.

The higher the number, the more minutes it can allow a slow draw.

An example where this would matter, would be in a vehicle you want to use the radio for long periods of time, with the engine turned off.

It's also good to have a high reserve capacity, if you have a tendency inadvertently to park with your lights on. :thumbsup:

Doesn't matter in this application. CCA at 0 degrees F is what really matters here.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #16  
"RC= Reserve Capacity." Thanks, Ray!:thumbsup:

/ GC2410 Wont turn over
Hi All! To update my Battery issue, I contacted my Dealer and they sent the battery back to the manufacturer which simply responded that it was out of warrentee, my dealer sold me a battery at their cost ( $70..00 ). I did contact the Battery Manufacturer via e-mail to voice my complaints...IM sure they will have many late night meetings trying to solve my compliants :laughing:
As for my dealer they were suppose to send their Machanic over to see if the Wiring Harness could be an issue causing my batteries to die their premature deaths! They mentioned that another GC2410 owner's tractor caught fire because of that....anyway I have yet to see or hear from him, so I am thinking of enticing him to come over by offering Tea and Crumpets ( whatever Crumpets are? ). Meanwhile the new battery seems to be fine but then again we had a very mild to warm winter which obviously did not put a strain on the cold cranking power. I did not put the charger on it at all since installing it either. I have yet to swing by Harbor Frieght to purchase one of those Floating chargers mentioned an earlier post reply by Ray66v ( Thank You ) but I will scoop one up soon. I guess we will see how it all works out, I hope to own this Battery for many years to come and if not I will post my aggrivations again :confused2: THanks everyone!

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #18  
So far(knocking on wood), I haven't had an issue with my battery in 2 years. My GC2400 sits in an unheated garage, with the garage door open all the time(long story). I've had no battery issies.

If I were to use a charger..........it would be a 'trickle charger'.

The last one I had was a 'wall mount'..........just a big, black plug.........2 amps I think.............But honestly, I'm not a big fan of keeping batteries on any type of charge all the time.

/ GC2410 Wont turn over #19  
o I am thinking of enticing him to come over by offering Tea and Crumpets ( whatever Crumpets are? )
:laughing:

Offer him some "tea" and a cigarette>>

/ GC2410 Wont turn over
:laughing:

Offer him some "tea" and a cigarette>>

Hmmm he looks like an Old school kind of guy, not sure he would like that kindof "tea" and that kind of smoke :confused2:!!