GC2600 rattles, rings and dings

/ GC2600 rattles, rings and dings #1  

Jaylegger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2600L
I've had my 2600 for about a year now and it has exceeded my expectations in every way except for one. The sound of the engine has never been very smooth with an always present, very unmusical, myriad of jingles and rattles accompanying the beat. I presumed these noises were inherent with the Iseki motor as other brands of tractor I've heard running sound smooth and solid.

Today I set out to identify the source(s) and can happily report I found 4 sources of the jingles and ringles and eliminated all of them. For the benefit of others who likely have similar sounding machines I'll post the sources of the noises.

1/ The hood prop- though it fits snugly in it's catch when not in use, the end connected to the pivot point is loose and rattles significantly. Filling the gap snugly with washers tightened it up and eliminated the rattle.

2/ On the left side of the motor on what looks to be part of the fuel deliver system there are two metal bullet shaped protective caps (one covers the throttle cable stop) and both rattle freely with a high frequency jingle. I added some weight to these by attaching screw on hose clamps to each one which eliminated those very annoying jingles.

3/ Hood catch- These catches don't tighly grasp the bolts shafts but instead the bolts vibrate freely which causes a rattle and that horrific hood shudder when the motor is turn off. I removed the washers on the clasps which allow the clasps to grab the bolt shaft tighter. I also adjusted the bolts downward slightly to put a little pressure on the the entire catch system.

The motor now sounds smooth and beautiful with none of the annoying ear cringing extraneous noises.

/ GC2600 rattles, rings and dings #3  
Thanks for the heads up. One bolt on my RO bar rattles when the engine is at idle, hope to fix it this winter.

/ GC2600 rattles, rings and dings #4  
Here's a material that works great to stifle rattles- Armaflex pipe insulation. I've used it in a couple of spots. Here's a shot of my patented "license plate/SMV sign anti-rattle" device....:laughing:

A couple of velcro strips attach it to the bottom of the plate. Works very well!

Attachments

• DSC03070.JPG
    DSC03070.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 180