GC2600

/ GC2600 #11  
tsteahr- on mine, yes, the switches are the same. The dealer installed them.

I suppose they could go anywhere, but they chose to mount them as you see them, in the upper right and upper left of the "dash" panel.

Although they're a real pain to dust snow off (whole dashboard is, for that matter), they did mount the deflector switch in a vertical position and the rotator switch horizontally, which makes it nicely intuitive.

When I got the blower, I was told they only sold them with the electric controls and not the manual ones. Sure, it added $$, but after the fact, I'm glad they did it that way!

Attachments

• dash 5:08.JPG
    dash 5:08.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 368
   / GC2600
Well it sounds like everybody is happy with their purchase/decision for th GC2600. Next Thursday the wife and I are going back to sit on and drive both the Kubota B25 and MF 2600 back to back. I think we will drive the GC2600 last so I won't have to go back again! By the way the quote the dealer gave me was for cash and the warranty is 2yrs/2000hrs - I only wish I could log 2000hrs within 2yrs!

/ GC2600 #13  
Oldgreenmachine - If you do decide to go with the Massey I would like to second the point made by MF RED about the difference in hp and RPM between the GC2400 and GC2600. The Gross hp is 22.5@2600 vs 24.5@3000. (The net hp is 22.0@2400 vs 23.9@3000) However, the difference in PTO Hp is not so much. The specs are 18.7@555pto rpm vs 19.61@572pto rpm.

Also note the engine speed at 540 rpm is 2532rpm vs 2829rpm and the engine speed at 2000rpm for the mid pto is 2476rpm vs 2947rpm.

Finally, the hydraulic pump output is listed at 6.3GPM vs 6.9GPM.

My personal take on choosing the 2400 vs the 2600 comes down to the following: If you really need every last bit of pto hp and you are willing to take the tradeoff of running the motor quite a bit faster then the 2600 might make sense. Remember however, when you are mowing you will have to keep the 2600 motor running about 470rpm faster to get the same mid pto input speed to the deck.

In all honesty, I don't think the very small gain in PTO hp is worth having to run the extra engine rpm.

If hydraulic system flow is a major concern then the 2600 starts to make more sense. For example if you were planning on running a hydraulic wood splitter with the power beyond, the nearly 10% increase in pump flow output might be worth it.

So before you jump straight to the GC2600 over the GC2400, take a moment to think about how you will be using the tractor. You may find the GC2400 to be more comfortable with the slower engine speed.

With all that said, I have to admit my GC2410 is super smooth running at higher rpm. It hums along like glass at 2600rpm. I will also say the motor feels like it has a lot more rpm left in it. I don't think there would be any problem running the motor at 3000 in the GC2600. These are Excellent little motors!

One final question, you mentioned you went to go look at the GC2600 prior to making a final decision on a Kubota BX25. The BX25 is a TLB while the GC2600 does not come standard with a back hoe. Did you mean to say you are considering the GC2610TLB?

Last edited:
   / GC2600 #14  
Yes, tsteahr I like the electric deflector control and ditto on irvingj's post about the switch. On another note - orange vs. red, I think :confused: MF still beats the orange guys by 12 months more financing at zero percent. That will allow someone to add more attachments and stay in their monthly payment budget. Mine was financed for 72 months through MF. Thats quite a few prime rib dinners that I still owe the wife :). KC

/ GC2600 #15  
Hi Folks...
Just went through the Kubota BX25 vs. JD vs. Massey vs. Mahindra dance and landed on a MF. Hands down more comfortable to drive than the Kubota for about the same tractor. Less expensive than the JD (green paint is really expensive), and parts are pretty close to local (whereas Mahindra's parts are mostly out of country).

Have 4 or 5 hours on it so far - I'm thrilled... now we'll see how the winter goes...
I'll keep ya'll posted...

/ GC2600 #16  
Welcome to TBN-- you might wish to post in the "New Memnbers" thread. Please don't forget to tell us --as accurately as you wish, of course-- where you live. (And we LOVE photos!:D)

Glad you got a M-F SCUT; there are a number of us who feel strongly that it's a great little tractor!

/ GC2600 #17  
I'm loving my GC2400
So easy to operate.................5 minutes "stick time"............fel was second nature.:)

Don

/ GC2600 #18  
I love my 2610.....just not to fond of the parking brake. Don't trust it, and everything should be great. Good luck and play carefully!!:thumbsup: