Geared trannys-more low end torque than hydro ?

/ Geared trannys-more low end torque than hydro ? #71  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm a tad old school.. I feel better with levers and manual valves and gear shifters... -Soundguy )</font>

Chris, I've noticed your examples don't include the YM1700 any more. Do you still have it?

My Yanmar is a near twin to that YM1700 and I bought it because I like its 'old school' feel. It seems their design consisted of studying the best older gear tractors, particularly Ford, then building a 60% size scale model. I think they got it right. Any comments?

/ Geared trannys-more low end torque than hydro ? #72  
I've never tried rebuilding a tractor while swinging from a tree.

Should I hang from my arms or my legs ?

Or maybe just the neck, so I can have my arms and legs free ! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Geared trannys-more low end torque than hydro ? #73  
As with most of my tractors.. I don't ever get to use them, I havn't driven my jd-b since early this year.. say.. feb... I miss it, and the 2n.. afain.. but have no time to 'play' with them.. except for the workers. I still post over in the yanmar sub though.

Soundguy

/ Geared trannys-more low end torque than hydro ? #74  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Welllll, these advantages of course )</font>

I'm still at a loss.... how about answering with more than 5 words... they don't cost anything.

The items you quoted of mine, I did not list as advantages.. Someone else ( you? ) refered to them as that. I merely posed them as comparisons for ease of use. It's one of those "'the more you over tick the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain " issues. Hydro has it's advantages... until it breaks,.. and then is 2x, 3x harder and more expensive to fix than some old gear job...

I'm bowing out of this thread now... It clear that while I see your point and accept that you have a different opinion.. you don't accept that anyone else has a different opinion... at this point, posts could go back and forth ad nausiem and all it would do is annoy the pigs.

Soundguy