Gehl round baler

/ Gehl round baler #11  
"The guy who has it is a used car dealer who took it in a trade! So he's no help."

Run away my friend:D

If your trying to find the 1734, get with you local NH dealer. They have the ability to search the country for you through their network and may have some demo units available.

/ Gehl round baler #12  
I always like Gehl. I have had several Gehl balers. Like the other post said dry hay but not too dry, closed throat with a big belt on the bottom. Once the hay enters baler it passes between a suspended steel roller and the big belt and the belt tumbles it over. Top belts add shape and tension.
Anyway here in Tennessee if a 1400 had perfect belts, looked good and worked good about $1500 would be a good price. less than perfect or needing fixing is near scrap iron.
Parts are normally not an issue.

/ Gehl round baler
"The guy who has it is a used car dealer who took it in a trade! So he's no help."

Run away my friend:D

If your trying to find the 1734, get with you local NH dealer. They have the ability to search the country for you through their network and may have some demo units available.

The problem I'm seeing is that in my price range ("well-used") shipping for any distance would be more than the value of the baler. So I'm trying to find something local. Of course, Rhode Island isn't exactly the agricultural heartland, the closest NH dealer is 100 miles away in Connecticut.

/ Gehl round baler
I always like Gehl. I have had several Gehl balers. Like the other post said dry hay but not too dry, closed throat with a big belt on the bottom. Once the hay enters baler it passes between a suspended steel roller and the big belt and the belt tumbles it over. Top belts add shape and tension.
Anyway here in Tennessee if a 1400 had perfect belts, looked good and worked good about $1500 would be a good price. less than perfect or needing fixing is near scrap iron.
Parts are normally not an issue.

That's about what I'm seeing in terms of price. Do you have any recollection of minimum HP or whether you can reduce the bale size to get away with lower HP?

Thanks.

/ Gehl round baler #15  
Actually my typo you need to find a Massey Ferguson dealer for the 1734...Sorry. Looks like 3 dealers are located in you back yard. When I got my baler it was 150 miles away - worked out a deal on delivery as dealer was wanting to sell.