Generator and propane tank sizing feedback needed

/ Generator and propane tank sizing feedback needed #61  
Has little to do with freezing. My transfer switch now requires power loss and the thermostat to start the gen. If I'm away it won't start unless certain programmable perimeters are met. It would be a waste for the gen to automatically start and run for hours or days if I'm not around.
However, it's nice to know the gen will start and run daily, weekly etc (if programmed that way) to keep the refer cold and or keep the house from freezing or ?????

Just put mine on a WiFi thermostat. Now I can remotely start and stop the generator by simply commanding the the thermostat to max or min temp depending on the season. IE- if it’s 75° inside the house and I want the gen to run I just tell the thermostat to lower the temp to 60°. The dry contacts that turn a furnace on and off are the same that turn gen’s remote starts on and off. This way the gen won’t run continuously if I’m away.

This was/is a major hurdle with automatic start generators and fuel tank sizing. If you aren’t around, the gen could start and run needlessly.