Generator Attachment for PT-1430

/ Generator Attachment for PT-1430 #1  

joshlee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1430 Year made 2016
This unit has a piston motor which is rated at 12 GPM @ 2500 psi, and puts out 12,000 watts. I have it going into a flow control valve, then to a 10 micron high pressure filter, then into the piston motor. 100_0373.JPG

/ Generator Attachment for PT-1430 #2  
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Did you put it together yourself?

/ Generator Attachment for PT-1430 #3  
This unit has a piston motor which is rated at 12 GPM @ 2500 psi, and puts out 12,000 watts. I have it going into a flow control valve, then to a 10 micron high pressure filter, then into the piston motor.View attachment 495733

Very nice!!! :thumbsup: More Pic's please....

Looks like that would be a fun project for the farm, and handy.

Do you have a parts list, What is the price point in comparison to a generator.

/ Generator Attachment for PT-1430
100_0379.JPG
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Did you put it together yourself?

I bought the bare generator with a piston motor on it, then I had to make the frame and add the QA plate. The flow control valve and the high pressure filter were really expensive. Just those two things were around $800, the bare generator/ piston motor was $3000, and the hoses/fittings/couplers were around $400, the 2 pole 50amp circuit breaker was around $40, I forget what the 6 awg, 4 strand wire and plug cost. I also bought a Hz/ V meter that was only like $15. In my opinion its not as practical going and doing all of this, compared to just going and buying a gas or propane generator.

100_0376.JPG

Last edited:
   / Generator Attachment for PT-1430 #5  
Thanks for the pics & prices. Maybe not a practical project but I can see some application that it would be of benefit. I wonder about the long term implications relating to fluid over heating.

/ Generator Attachment for PT-1430 #6  
I put some spaces between your photos. Looks like you got 4 of the same pic, there. You want me to get rid of three of them?

Thanks for the info.

I'll have to admit doing some things that were not practical, as well. I did them because:
Sometimes I wanted to...
Sometimes I didn't know any better...

:laughing:

How well does it do holding steady voltage with varying loads?

Thanks for the offer Mossroad, but I just took care of it.

I know exactly what your saying! What I learn is from all of you on here, and Terry told me how to make it work with the generator. I'm all by myself around here, as far as learning hydraulics goes. This PT-1430 is basically my recreational activity, so its a enjoyable learning experience, all though my mess ups can be mighty expensive.:laughing: As far as it keeping steady voltage, when you check the voltage with the multimeter, the number of volts stays without fluctuating as long as the engine is running smooth. Now, I'm going to hook up the Hz meter tomorrow. Do you have a shaft drive generator for your Kioti or Kubota?

Thats a good question, BigCountry. From my way of thinking, since the PT would be running the PTO but not the wheel motors, the hydraulic system would be creating more heat from mowing grass / bush hogging because of running 4 wheel motors + PTO. The nice thing with this is that I won't have to drain the carb, clean it, replace dried out fuel hose, and worry about about whether or not it will work when I need it.

/ Generator Attachment for PT-1430 #8  
I know my PT425 will heat up enough just sitting still at 1/3 idle to warm up the hydraulics after half an hour to the point the cooler fan will come on. That's just from the fluid going through the two PTO pumps and back to the tank. However, I wouldn't be concerned too much. There's got to be more of a load swinging a mower in thick grass AND driving VS just sitting and running a generator... I'd imagine you'd have to get a pretty hefty electric load on it before it starts putting a load on the PTO pump and hydraulics.

It would be interesting to put a load on the generator and monitor the temps of the generator head, motor, PTO pumps, hydraulic reservoir, cooler, etc...

/ Generator Attachment for PT-1430 #9  
With my 422 hooked up to my log splitter run through the pt hydraulic system, the cooling fan will kick on in less than an hour. I run the pt at less than half throttle when using it.

One of the huge differences with the PT 425 vs. PT 1430 is the time it takes for the hydraulic fluid to warm up (engine too.)I actually had to ask Terry whether or not something was wrong, because I was always so used to that 425 hydro fluid getting up to operating temp quickly, as where the 1430 engine/pumps/oil stay much cooler. I'm not saying thats a good or bad thing, but thats just how it is.

You have me curious now, so I'll check the temp on that little piston motor when its working a load.
I know my PT425 will heat up enough just sitting still at 1/3 idle to warm up the hydraulics after half an hour to the point the cooler fan will come on. That's just from the fluid going through the two PTO pumps and back to the tank. However, I wouldn't be concerned too much. There's got to be more of a load swinging a mower in thick grass AND driving VS just sitting and running a generator... I'd imagine you'd have to get a pretty hefty electric load on it before it starts putting a load on the PTO pump and hydraulics.

It would be interesting to put a load on the generator and monitor the temps of the generator head, motor, PTO pumps, hydraulic reservoir, cooler, etc...