Geocaching? Anyone heard of

/ Geocaching? Anyone heard of #1  

CSAW

Silver Member
Tractor
tc-35 fwd 16la fel,hd bucket, folding ROPS, Deluxe hitch
I ran across this tonight. Has anyone ever done or heard of this? It looks like good clean fun. I typed in my zip code and was supprised to see how many were within 10 miles of my house. I might try one tomorrow. I forgot how to make a link where you can just click it will someone please refresh me? Thanks.

http://www.geocaching.com/

/ Geocaching? Anyone heard of #2  
<font color=blue>Has anyone ever done or heard of this?</font color=blue>

I overheard part of a conversation about this, about a month ago at work. Of course I didn't have a clue to what they were talking about. I checked out the site just now and found that there are 349 caches in my area. 39 within 40 miles and none within 10 miles. Sounds like it could be fun.

/ Geocaching? Anyone heard of #3  
Your thread sounded interesting, so I went to the site (about 45 mins ago!). Since then, I have downloaded the EasyGPS software, updated my Mag315 software (I usually do this anyway) and made plans with a friend to start.

Personally, hiding the caches sounds like a whole lotta fun too!

I am thinking about downloading a bunch of the caches/waypoints and putting hem into the gps, then turning on the proximity alarm for 1 mile, then leaving it on while I travel around - if it goes off, maybe I'll stop and look for it?

I could really waste a lot of time with this!

Dob

PS Click on the "<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/faq_english.pl?Cat=#html>markup in your posts</A>" link at the top of the posting page - it'll tell you all about html/smileys/etc in this forum.

/ Geocaching? Anyone heard of #4  
My brother has done it w/his kids several times and they always seem to have a lot of fun/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Paul

/ Geocaching? Anyone heard of #5  
It's great fun for the kids. Most caches have "trinket" type toys in them. You bring something to trade for. I get within about 20', then let the kids find it. They love finding "treasure". It is fun hiding a cache too. You get to see everyone's comments about your cache.