Get a ZTR, save your tractor

/ Get a ZTR, save your tractor #11  
I don't know how you guys with hills operate those ZTRs on them. I have flat land but one day I wanted to mow a trail up the levee in front of my house.

I drove across the River Road, a busy state highway, and started up the levee. About halfway up, the engine killed and with no way to steer, and no brakes, after a hairy ride, I wound up in the middle of the River Road 10 seconds later. :eek: Luckily, no traffic was coming.

I have never been up the levee again on it. :eek:

/ Get a ZTR, save your tractor #12  
I bought a used Ferris from my BIL that his son has used in his landscaping business. The thing has not only shortened the time it takes to mow alot of acres, but with the ability to get close to trees compared to my tractor, saves me going back around the trees with a push mower.

/ Get a ZTR, save your tractor #13  
I mow a 7+ acre lawn.
I got a ZTR a year ago to mow the tighter areas around the house and all the trees that was a little more difficult to get with the tractor.
The ZTR is great in the smaller/tighter areas, and it cuts down on the hand trimming.
In the larger more open areas I still prefer mowing with the tractors. Faster and more comfortable.

/ Get a ZTR, save your tractor #14  
I think we are like many comments here ... have a ZTR for the "yard" and a tractor for the rest of the mowing.

I'd probably use a ZTR for everything if that was possible. However, lots of areas needing mowing are way too rough for a ZTR. That would not be apleasant experience.

Also, to be honest, many times I mow its not necessarily to get it done as fast as possible. You can't beat sitting on the tractor, chugging along and looking at the scenery on a nice day.

MoKelly

/ Get a ZTR, save your tractor #15  
One thing to consider: It you have a cabbed tractor with A/C, there won't be any A/C on the ZTR for those long hot days...:thumbsup:

/ Get a ZTR, save your tractor #16  
MoKelly said:
Also, to be honest, many times I mow its not necessarily to get it done as fast as possible. You can't beat sitting on the tractor, chugging along and looking at the scenery on a nice day.

MoKelly

If that isn't the truth.... :)