Get rid of those bent axles!

/ Get rid of those bent axles! #1  

dusty3030

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010 Cab, Kioti RX7320 Powershuttle/ Cab, Kubota M7040 HDC, Kubota U35-4, John Deere 317G
   / Get rid of those bent axles! #2  
Well no camber is going to be better than that really bent one. But I dont see the person who's overloading a trailer that much even knowing there axle is supposed to be bent..but the other way.

/ Get rid of those bent axles! #3  
In his spare time maybe he could straighten some of those semi flatbeds I see going down the road. Honestly, how do they get away with such an obviously unsafe trailer? Empty they have a big upward bow in them. The metal is so fatigued that when loaded, that bend straightens right out. It ain't right I tell you!

/ Get rid of those bent axles! #4  
I would think someone with a machine that large and the capabilities to use it would understand how this works.

/ Get rid of those bent axles! #6  
Redneck Trailer Supplies builds axles to order and has distribution centers across the US. I've had axles built there for customers a couple times and the process is smooth and efficient.

We used to haul axles made at Dexter Axle in Elkhart, IN to a few Redneck factories. They must have decided to build them themselves.

/ Get rid of those bent axles! #7  
In his spare time maybe he could straighten some of those semi flatbeds I see going down the road. Honestly, how do they get away with such an obviously unsafe trailer? Empty they have a big upward bow in them. The metal is so fatigued that when loaded, that bend straightens right out. It ain't right I tell you!
;)

/ Get rid of those bent axles! #8  
We used to haul axles made at Dexter Axle in Elkhart, IN to a few Redneck factories. They must have decided to build them themselves.
For all I know Redneck farms the builds out to Dexter. That wouldn't be all bad. They are, after all a distribution and retail business, not a manufacturer.

Last edited:
   / Get rid of those bent axles! #9  

Perhaps those trailers are purposely designed that way. If the empty trailer always returns to the bowed position the material is not fatigued.

/ Get rid of those bent axles! #10  
Perhaps those trailers are purposely designed that way. If the empty trailer always returns to the bowed position the material is not fatigued.
Long time ago I heard they are designed so when load is maxed out the axles will be straight and even with semi flatbeds the trailers will be flat when loaded down.