Get the CAB!

/ Get the CAB! #11  
stimpee said:
I honestly have no idea how, if I had a cab on my tractor, I would actually go about maintaining my red neck, and my Farmer's tan!

:D

Get two tractors. I maintain my farmer's tan, redneck and surburned knees using the B2400 to mow the 4 acre yard. Last week I was out in the pasture in the L4740. It was 90 degrees out side, dusty and buggy. Inside, I had to turn the A/C down because I was getting chilled. Man, I love that machine.

/ Get the CAB! #12  
It was 91 here, felt like 108, and I was working all weekend under the sun without a cab or canopy. Lots of digging and scraping the horse paddocks. Sure was hot and humid, but I survived. It feels good to get a hard day's work in, especially when you sit in an office all week :)

Cabs are a 10K feature that were hard for me to justify. I'll take the 10K and a deep tan over AC any day!

/ Get the CAB! #13  
While there are times when I think a cab would be nice, I like the outside feeling of working on my tractor. I am sure there are times when I may regret not getting the cab, but doubt there will be too many. My dealer would have made me a heck of a deal on the B3030 cab model too, as it has been sitting on his lot for a while.

I think my neighbors would come over and beat me up if I had one though. However in the current heat, they might drop dead of heat stroke on the way over, or I could drive around and not let them catch me, while I was cool and dry inside... :D

Oh well...

/ Get the CAB! #14  
I have to agree with the OP. I didn't consider a cab when tractor shopping, thinking it cost too much. I really wish I had. It would have been worth the extra $$, or going down 1-2 size classes to be around the same as what I paid. Anyway...

/ Get the CAB! #15  
I tried like crazy to talk my Dad into buying a tractor with a cab when we bought our M6800 three years ago. He didn't. Now we are trading the M6800 in on a tractor with a cab. :) I work a full time job with a 90 mile, round-trip commute every day. That leaves me precious little time to get all the chores that need getting done around the farm.

When I get home and its hot and humid out, some of those chores get left for another time. With the cab, it won't really matter. I can even get the arena dragged or a field hogged wearing my work clothes.

Saturday I mowed from 7:00 AM to Noon. By 10:00 it was starting to get hot. By noon, I called it quits. It hit 102 out here by 3:00 that day. I was really wishing I had cab. I've been driving a tractor for 28~ 29 years now. I've put in my open station seat time, now I want some cab seat time!

/ Get the CAB! #16  
I do a fair amount of spraying each summer and it's sure nice to be in a cab and not breathing the herbicides. I have yet to smell any spray inside the cab and even does a good job of filtering out pig manure odors when you're running through it.;)

/ Get the CAB! #17  
Factory cab all the way! I wouldn't by an open station machine. Yes i know, working in the open air and all that. I ran open station machines for 20 years. Yes i miss that open air (dust) and that bond to nature (bugs), and the feeling of putting in a days work (sunburn). Get the cab!

/ Get the CAB! #18  
You guys are making me jealous. I used to think that people with cabs were girly men too.

Now I've realised that with limited time for chores around the farm with a full time job, it would kinda be nice to be out doing what I need to do REGARDLESS of the weather.

Next tractor - definately with a cab. Just can't justify a trade yet :)

/ Get the CAB! #19  
Gotta love being a girly man!

I spent 6 hours hand chiseling out concrete around a dozen hunter heads that some moron put in the middle of a sidewalk to replace them (in 95 degrees/90% humidity).

Got pretty hot and sweaty, so took a nice cool shower and put on clean clothes. Then went out and bush hogged the pasture with the A/C and tunes, ah nice to be a girly man.

So far my GF, my neighbor, and two of my odd job guys have volunteered to do my bush hogging. I told them all that I have lots of other things they can do, but I can handle everything inside the tractor. LOL :D

/ Get the CAB! #20  
The grand L series cab is awesome! I have never operated a hydraulic machine with a quieter cab!