Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket?

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #11  
I for sure am not happy with the factory valves on my DK. Way to much leak down IMO.
I wonder if that is typical of the valves Kioti uses. That would be bad news.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #12  
I've not had any leak down issues with my NX

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #13  
Over the years I've just tightened up some connections and stopped leak down. Maybe comes from both outlets and fittings?

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #14  
I wonder if that is typical of the valves Kioti uses. That would be bad news.

Gee I just don't know spydy. Have you heard of other Kioti remotes doin that?

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #15  
Gee I just don't know spydy. Have you heard of other Kioti remotes doin that?
No, but I dont have a Kioti and havnt been motivated to check. Are you sure your leakage is in the valve, not the implement? What implements are you using?

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #16  
On a new machine, I'd just have the dealer install them. That way they're done and included in the warranty coverage.

The other thing to consider is that life has a way of delaying plans, I've had my tractor for 2 years now and got a quote to install a 3rd function on it when I bought it. It was reasonable but I thought I could save a little money by just doing it myself later but, I still haven't gotten to it. In retrospect, I wish I'd had the dealer install the 3rd function and 3 remotes and just rolled it into the financing.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #17  
No, but I dont have a Kioti and havnt been motivated to check. Are you sure your leakage is in the valve, not the implement? What implements are you using?

Hydraulic top link.Would be great to hear from another Kioti owner that might be motivated to check.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #18  
Hydraulic top link.Would be great to hear from another Kioti owner that might be motivated to check.
That would highlight a leak for sure. A leak past the piston would let the rod extend. Someone, I think Tallyho, had the piston nut come off a toplink. I suspect he had some leakdown issues as the nut loosened. ... Could be the piston seal as well so dont necessarily blame the remote valve.

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #19  

Murph, have you double checked your top link to be sure the top link is not the problem for your leak down?

Retract the cylinder with the implement on the ground, disconnect the hoses, raise the hitch and watch. If the rod extends, then you have bad piston seals, if it pretty much stays put, then the control valve is bad.

It usually is the control valve, but not always. Doesn't hurt to check and know for sure. ;)

/ Get with factory remotes or install aftermarket? #20  
Murph, have you double checked your top link to be sure the top link is not the problem for your leak down?

Retract the cylinder with the implement on the ground, disconnect the hoses, raise the hitch and watch. If the rod extends, then you have bad piston seals, if it pretty much stays put, then the control valve is bad.

It usually is the control valve, but not always. Doesn't hurt to check and know for sure. ;)

Brian, I will try that but I think its my valve myself. I have not heard of one of your links leaking yet. But what's funny is I can leave the 3 point or the FEL up for weeks at a time.