Getting a Donkey for guard duty

/ Getting a Donkey for guard duty #21  
Micheal.jpg
I have a sicilian donkey, he's a gelding and he's been a great gard. I have not lost one chicken. A few times aggressive dogs have come around messing with my horses and he will get between the horse and the dog. He kicks the dog and chases them away. Coyotes and fox stay far away, I have not seen any of there tracks around sinse I had him. HHe is also fun to have around and the kids love him, he is so gentle.

/ Getting a Donkey for guard duty #22  
View attachment 301930
I have a sicilian donkey, he's a gelding and he's been a great gard. I have not lost one chicken. A few times aggressive dogs have come around messing with my horses and he will get between the horse and the dog. He kicks the dog and chases them away. Coyotes and fox stay far away, I have not seen any of there tracks around sinse I had him. HHe is also fun to have around and the kids love him, he is so gentle.

thats cause ya dont mess with the Sicilian's hehe ...ever watch the Godfather

/ Getting a Donkey for guard duty #23  
Female donkeys are great for this. The male donkey is too aggressive for your livestock. We have about 12 Jenny's running with 150 head of cattle and 5 with 1000 head of chicken and they keep all predators out.

/ Getting a Donkey for guard duty #24  

You need one of these. Sorry about the terrible music.

I'm not much of a horse expert, but from what I've heard other say, they guy is lucky he didn't lose part of his arm.