getting bx24 this week

/ getting bx24 this week #1  

jimpa

Tractor
kubota bx24
we are buying a new bx24 this week and i have atleast 9 jobs lined up for it just in the yard for it.
if we can get it on the trailer i may go out and find some work for it to make extra money.
our trailer has 3000 lb weight cap. and 12' bed is that going to be ok.
jim

/ getting bx24 this week #2  
Congrads on the new BX24 you will be amazed @ what it can do.
If you have a good truck you should be fine with that trailer just remeber to take it easy as you will be near the limit with your trailer.

/ getting bx24 this week #3  
congrats on the bx24. It's a nice machine. How heavy is the trailer standalone unladen?

/ getting bx24 this week #4  
1*we are buying a new bx24 this week and i have at least 9 jobs lined up for it just in the yard.
2*if we can get it on the trailer i may go out and find some work for it to make extra money.
3*our trailer has 3000 lb weight cap. and 12' bed is that going to be ok.
jim
1*Congrats on the BX24. I have a BX23.
2*Do you have the proper insurance on the trailer tractor and the tow vehicle to do that?
Do you have the proper tow veh. that will handle the job?
I think your 12' trailer is to short to fit a 15 foot tractor on.
3*Also the 3000 pound pay load is way to low.
I'm gussing it has 2 wheels rather than 4 wheels and no brakes.

/ getting bx24 this week #5  
here is food for thought on how much the BX24 weighs.

BX24 weight info
BX24 1520 lbs
Mower 250 lbs
Loader 375 lbs
Bucket 132 lbs
Back hoe 617 lbs
Total
Bx24+mower=1770lbs
Bx24+loader=2027lbs
BX24+loader+backhoe=2644lbs
BX24+loader+backhoe+mower=2894lbs equals almost 1.5 tons

So you can see here that a BX24,FEL,BH is 2644lbs and you stated you have a 3k rated trailer. This only leaves you 356 lbs for trailer weight. Then add the chains, and binders and diesel and oil.:eek: I think I'll leave you here to think about the weights I have listed here.;)

/ getting bx24 this week #6  
...and if you add loaded rear tires, you're over 3K.

/ getting bx24 this week #7  
If it's a single axle and it probably is with that weight limit I wouldn't do it. A flat tire on a single axle is a bad thing, a very bad thing especially if you are at or above weight capacity. Being at or above weight capacity will also cause you to be more likely to get a flat tire. Lots of times trailers are sold with used tires that may have sidewall issues and you don't want that. Trade/sell your trailer and get yourself a dual axle trailer. If your trailer is nice and you find a good 16' dual axle trailer it may not be much difference in price.

/ getting bx24 this week #8  
With all said and done, you should go up a level with the trailer. I would hope you have the right truck for the job, it looks like most 1500,150 series truck would do the job. Any comments that differ, please share.

/ getting bx24 this week #9  
With all said and done, you should go up a level with the trailer. I would hope you have the right truck for the job, it looks like most 1500,150 series truck would do the job. Any comments that differ, please share.

Basically, what you are looking for is something that can tow at or above the tow rating of your new trailer you "might" be contemplating here. Right now I am using a s-10 blazer thats rated to to 5k and put my bx on 7k trailer with WD bars. This may not be the best towing package, but it works and its what I got at the moment. I do have plans to upgrade sometime in the future to a larger truck , but in the meantime at least I have something that works safely. I am not saying the s-10 is all you need, there were times I needed extra power on the highway.
When I took delivery of my BX, I had my dealer deliver for me since at the time all I had was a 8 ft single axel trailer. It was nice that my dealer delivered mine since he was able to take the time to show me around on my tractor while I puttered around the yard at home where I felt more comfortable, while he showed me the controls of the BX. Maybe this is something you might want to look into at the moment ?

/ getting bx24 this week #10  
jimpa,
Please do not use your 3000 lb. trailer! You are at max, your BX24 is quite the heavy not so little tractor.Look at radioman's post , he is right on with weights. Borrow buy larger trailer. I agree duel axle is the safest way to go.
Devildog